• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whats your favourite all time picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

Like Liam I am bored :lol: So what is your favourite photo you have ever taken?

yxv5bo.jpg

60090 At Newton Hall

yh8vb0.jpg

A couple of favourites, nothing speical I no but I like them :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I don't go linesiding much but these are some of my favourites, it may be modern stuff but one day it'll be 'heritage' traction...

8)

The Snap

Established Member
390xxxatherstoneaa7.jpg
390xxx rounds bend at Atherstone

390xxxrugeleymy2.jpg

390xxx on the fast at Rugely Trent Valley

Coxster

Established Member
Actually I'm not sure now whether I prefer my Medite 66 (above) or this Class 450 near Farnborough.

450059.jpg

Craig

Established Member

Craig

Established Member
Yeah. IIRC I'd travelled down on the overnight train from Manchester to Paignton, then went out to Dawlish to catch this one back into Paignton before heading back north.

Is that cafe across the road from the station at Paignton still there? That was my regular breakfast spot after arriving on the overnighter :lol:

devon_metro

Established Member
Yeah. IIRC I'd travelled down on the overnight train from Manchester to Paignton, then went out to Dawlish to catch this one back into Paignton before heading back north.

Is that cafe across the road from the station at Paignton still there? That was my regular breakfast spot after arriving on the overnighter :lol:

Well, The bus station, Spar, A chicken place, A pub then KFC? Can't think off a Cafe, unless you mean the one on the station.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It just HAS to be 43175 from a low angle on a three-quarter, front facing profile at Carmarthen in 2004 (if memory serves correctly...!) en-route from Swansea to Pembroke Dock on the morning run. Cloudy day and everything, but the shot is absolutely superb. Never beaten it yet, might never beat it either.

However, the only problem is I can't show you the photo as it has been lost in Swansea, even the copy printed off the machine in Boots. It was saved in a digital format on my sister's PC, but that was sold to Cash Generator. She never thought to ask if there was anything on there I wanted kept, and it was quite a long time afterwards that I found out too. She's buggered off to Ireland, and for all I care she can stay there permanently, I don't want anything to do with her whilst I still remember the loss of several hundred, if not passing a thousand, photos and video files.

Dennis

Established Member
It just HAS to be 43175 from a low angle on a three-quarter, front facing profile at Carmarthen in 2004 (if memory serves correctly...!) en-route from Swansea to Pembroke Dock on the morning run. Cloudy day and everything, but the shot is absolutely superb. Never beaten it yet, might never beat it either.

However, the only problem is I can't show you the photo as it has been lost in Swansea, even the copy printed off the machine in Boots. It was saved in a digital format on my sister's PC, but that was sold to Cash Generator. She never thought to ask if there was anything on there I wanted kept, and it was quite a long time afterwards that I found out too. She's buggered off to Ireland, and for all I care she can stay there permanently, I don't want anything to do with her whilst I still remember the loss of several hundred, if not passing a thousand, photos and video files.

Someone has to say it.....why didn't you back them up?

Ater spending hundreds of pounds and many hours travelling, it is vital that the results are secure and cannot be lost by HD failure or any other means. For x-mas, I'm buying myself a portable hard drive (or even two, so that one can be stored remotely) so that all my BVE work, phots etc are not lost.

Another alternative is to get as much stuff uploaded and stored elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.