• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whats your favourite meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

I Love sausage mash and loads and I mean loads of Gravy covered in pepper. Whats yours?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Huge variety of favourites and hugely liked meals (there is a difference, trust me), but my all-time favourite, believe it or not, is a roast lunch. Roast turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes, regular potatoes, carrots, swede, peas (with salt mixed in during cooking!) and lots of beef Oxo's-formed gravy, there's not much that can beat that!

Other meals I enjoy are cod/haddock/plaice, chips and peas; donner meat and chips, including the pitta bread; various curries with naan bread and poppadums; gammon, chips and peas as well as various other meals. I'm sure the members of this forum who experienced the haddock, chips and peas in Mallaig will remember how delicious it was! It certainly widened my experience of fish, I loved it soooo much!

As for food on the go, there's a huge variety of food I'll have: Bacon and cheese/ham and cheese baguettes (piping hot please!) from Upper Crust; freshly cooked sausage rolls from Greggs; Ginsters Sausage Roll, when hot it's sooo nice and when all else fails...Tesco Value Pork Luncheon Meat and Tesco Value Thick Sliced White Bread to make sandwiches! Mix it down with Tesco Premium Diet Cola, job done! A spotters meal for active spotters on the go!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Favourite: errr fish and chips! :) however I love pizza...!

Most hated: Anything from under the golden arches

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Seth said:
HSTfan!!! said:

Surely nothing beats a bacon & egg McMuffin first thing in the morning?

eughhh....... absolute yuk! just the smell of it on the breakfast shift at work makes me want to puke and damn it I have to be in for 6:30am tomorow!

Dennis

Established Member
Seth said:
HSTfan!!! said:

Surely nothing beats a bacon & egg McMuffin first thing in the morning?
Prefer the bagel myself. I will nvest in 1 on teacher training day on Monday I might

Jim

Dave A

Anything with fat in :P ;)

Let's see:

Breakfast:

Maccy D's double sausage & egg, Marmite on toast <D or Cerial's (Crunchy Nut preferred :) )

Lunch:

Traditional Roast, Chips (with or without something), Sandwich, Pasta or crisps

Dinner:
Everything listed above, plus listed by other people EXCEPT Maccy D's, I will not touch they're main meals, and I only eat the breakfasts when I'm up and out too early for breakfast, like tomorrow. For more info watch Supersize Me :oops: :(

Nick

Breakfast-
World Famous GC All Day Breakfast + Coffee (essentially a la de da Fry Up-AlexS will vouch for this)

Lunch-
Ginsters Pasty, chips and gravy with can of Coke

Supper/Tea-
Fish, chips and mushy peas with a cuppa :D

evil_hippo

No doubt about it.

Lunch in the restaurant car on a London-bound GNER HST.

In the evening, however, one must go to Souk, the amazing moroccan restaurant near Leicester Square, where one decends into a recreation of a restaurant in morocco, with animal skins hanging from the walls and low tables packed together into the very small eating are.

And I doubt one could find better food anywhere outside of Morocco. The Lamb and apricot tagine is so intensely flavoured and the lamb so tender... A cullinary orgasm, one might describe it as. No doubt Scotty and his friends will make something of that description.

No doubt Scotty and his friends

now lets all be fair this is a friendly forum so why should my name be giving out, lets all have a laugh at my expense eh , i think you seem to have a problem with me and my friends, theres no need and why should i make a comment to you everybody has their own opinion, i mean everybody else seems friendly on this forum why should it be spoilt we all share the same hobby

Simming

Nick said:
Lunch-

!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginster pasty!!, they aint pastys, they are much in a plastic coating. If you want a pasty, come to cornwall, go to any W C Rowe's. there pastys are pastys, no ginsters rip off imatation!

anyway, favorite grub, either proper pasty or kebab.

evil_hippo

20's TILL I DIE! said:
now lets all be fair this is a friendly forum so why should my name be giving out, lets all have a laugh at my expense eh , i think you seem to have a problem with me and my friends, theres no need and why should i make a comment to you everybody has their own opinion, i mean everybody else seems friendly on this forum why should it be spoilt we all share the same hobby

Ok, ok, I'm sorry. Anyway, it isn't the point, the point is that the food is very, very good.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
David (londontube) said:
Maccy D's double sausage & egg,

eugh.... had one of those this morning in work - never again!

Oh and btw the new after eight mcflurry is absolutely awesomely recommended! ;)

Nick

Simming said:
Nick said:
Lunch-

!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginster pasty!!, they aint pastys, they are much in a plastic coating. If you want a pasty, come to cornwall, go to any W C Rowe's. there pastys are pastys, no ginsters rip off imatation!

anyway, favorite grub, either proper pasty or kebab.

Yup, have done! They're awesome :D

TheSlash

Established Member
Mixed chicken and donor. On a really fat night i have chips aswell.
Great for a long Saturday night shift, it will fuel you through to Sunday afternoon

Tom B

Established Member
20's TILL I DIE! said:
No doubt Scotty and his friends

Woah. What exactly did Zoltan do wrong?

Woah. What exactly did Zoltan do wrong?
lets just forget about that posting i feel that a problem has been resolved now so now lets get back onto topic,

Maccy D's double sausage & egg
personally i like these(they are not that bad) but not exactly my favourite meal, i can put a good word out for a GNER Chef that i did my work ex. with his breakfasts were awesome with all extra's 8) 8) [/quote]

ChrisM

Chinese - Egg fried rice,deep fried lemon chicken and chips.
If out i normally head for McDonalds and have a big Mac meal with strawberry milkshake.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Big Macs are ok.... Chicken Sandwiches are good.... quarter pounders are crap... lol mcdonalds cappucino and hot chocolate can't be knocked either - thats good stuff! and I can certainly reccommend the new after eight mcflurry.... otherwise mcdonalds is crap! Hmm thinking about it I have to go and work tonight and come home smelling of it - oh the joys of working for mcdonalds!

evil_hippo

Ooh, Shanghai Shanghai, the all you can eat chinese restaurant in Carlisle. Fantastic food, and as musch as you want for £5 at lunch time (a bit more later in the day).

Status
Not open for further replies.