• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
The Gricer said:
(overlooking the South West mainline)

Lucky all I get is 321's and the occasional 315 past my office! And a Serco or 2!

Coxster

Established Member
jonb said:
Lucky all I get is 321's and the occasional 315 past my office! And a Serco or 2!
Dad had a SERCO last week as well as steamers today and yesterday! He doesn't even have to leave his chair to get a clear image of the trains, and to top that off his room cannot be more than 20 degrees or so because of some technical reson! :o What a way to spend these hot days...

jonb

Established Member
Coxster said:
Dad had a SERCO last week as well as steamers today and yesterday! He doesn't even have to leave his chair to get a clear image of the trains, and to top that off his room cannot be more than 20 degrees or so because of some technical reson! :o What a way to spend these hot days...

Nice! Lucky i've gone and got myself a desk fan to keep it kind of cool!

The Gricer

Coxster said:
Blimey! You make it sound like paradise! It's not. Oh, and I do have to do a bit of work now and again in between looking at all those wonderful, colourful SWT emus. :roll: ;)

Frank

Coxster

Established Member
The Gricer said:
I do have to do a bit of work now and again in between looking at all those wonderful, colourful SWT emus. :roll: ;)
Could've fooled me! You wrote down a list of what passed in a an hour and then compared it with the following days!

Gareth Hale

Junior of a High School (If I was in the UK, id be saying something about an airline or train job :()

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
By Day I'm a sixth form student - going on to study A levels I think but I have also applied for a callcentre job.
By Night I work for the worst multinational in the world which kills people with heart attacks etc whilst paying its workers a pittance within s**t conditions. Thats right ladies and gents - mcdonalds!

ChrisM

HSTfan!!! said:
By Night I work for the worst multinational in the world which kills people with heart attacks etc whilst paying its workers a pittance within s**t conditions. Thats right ladies and gents - mcdonalds!
I heard they force people to eat their food at gunpoint,shame people don't have a right not to eat McDonalds then maybe they wouldn't get ill and they would live longer. :angel8:
Security related job for me. :love5:

Tom B

Established Member
Chris said:
I'm a secondary school teacher currently on summer holidays because in Scotland schools finish at the end of June, and enjoying it very much.

What do you teach?

Currently I'm a student, would like to be doing something techie in time :). At the moment doing Computing, Mathematics, Physics and Business Studies for AS levels.

compsci

As of next week I'm a New Associate Programmer Analyst (Software developer) for a bank in the City. Two days later I swap that for Wall Street for 10 weeks.

Guinness

Established Member
Craig said:
I thought saying that had been banned?

Dunno. There's no amendment to the rules like Rule 1n added. The rules seem comlicated anyway.

Ben

Gareth Hale,

You havent got a hope of getting a Safety Critical Role til your at least 18 in any Country!... Oh and god help us if you do get one!

Im a Student doing GCSES - English Lit/Lang, Maths, Science DA, Drama, Classics, Geography and Resistant Materials.

Guinness

Established Member
158 said:
You havent got a hope of getting a Safety Critical Role til your at least 18 in any Country!... Oh and god help us if you do get one!

He'll probably some how destroy all rolling stock on the network with the exception of Pacers....

Play with water and your going to get wet :toothy2:

nutter

dvn1357 said:
Not if you wear waterproof clothing ;)

I'm the expert at staying dry in storms

Stayed dry doing a paper round when we had 6 inches of rain in 90mins in all over gore-tex, worked a treat. It was only a week ago last tuesday, those in the midlands might have heard about a little village called albrighton been flooded, and guess where i live http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/con...brighton_flash_flood_feature.shtml]story here

I have been told in the past my brain is made of gore-tex, but it works

If you can stay dry with 6 inches hitting you in 90mins, it is water proof

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
ChrisM said:
I heard they force people to eat their food at gunpoint,shame people don't have a right not to eat McDonalds then maybe they wouldn't get ill and they would live longer. :angel8:

Very true.... particularly staff!
On a more serious note.... its amazing how much with all this bad publicity we still make a fortune... our store is a quieter store on 15-20k a week.

TheSlash

Established Member
I'm a long term patient at St James' Secure Psychiatric Unit. I can drive a train you know :munky2:
[EDIT]
S&T and Pway are 2 completely different departments by the way, just work for the same company.

Status
Not open for further replies.