• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Just out of interest, What's your Job?

If you are a student, what your course is and, if you are at school what you plan to do, 'when you grow up!'.

You never know people may have skills or tips they could pass on to others.

I'm a secondary school teacher currently on summer holidays because in Scotland schools finish at the end of June, and enjoying it very much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

By day, im your usual superhero, but by night, I turn into bicycle repair man...

(any monty python fans will know what im on about)

Im a Student usually, and ill be studying full a levels in maths/physics (depending on the higher grade in my as level), geography and geology.

Although atm, im working at, and just incase I havn't told anyone,
www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com
Its alright, it'll pay for the summer all being well.

jonb

Established Member
Working for a phone company on the Operations Team based in Billericay.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm currently in the middle of my GCSEs - English (lang and lit), Maths, German, Latin, History, Geography and Music. I hope to take A-level English and Geography but I'm not sure what else yet!

When I'm older I would like to work in journalism, or town planning/regeneration, and still keep volunteering at the NYMR to keep my interest in the railways alive :)

Sprog

Established Member
Retail.....A GSA/CSA in MATALANS, Filton, Bristol right now...

3 weeks of working full-time with them, then i swith to Saturday work with M/LANS and i move onto be an Appprentice Fitter with fGW at Bristol St. Phillips Marsh (J/T: Multiskilled Maintenance Technition)

Gonna be gooooooooood! :)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Student, BTEC National Diploma for ICT Practitioners, as well as Trainee Guard, Travelling Ticket Inspector and Platform Inspector, amongst a range of other things.

Sprog

Established Member
no...signal engineer.....

S&T man..........

Tango.......

PWay bloke..........

eezypeazy

Marketing Manager for the biggest mortgage lender you've never heard of.....

eezypeazy

Craig

Established Member
My current (very exciting) day job is an office administrator for a small company that designs industrial kitchens. But I'm also considering applying for a job at GNER I've been told about.

In my spare time/weekends I'm also a website developer and occasional wedding photographer/videographer.

devon_metro

Established Member
Student, about to start my GCSEs, with the exeption of maths which i have started.

Taking: English (lit & lan), Science double award, Maths, RE (:(), History, Geography and Art.

Guinness

Established Member
Day - GCSEs - YAY!
Night - Your Freebie Paperboy who works for a ****e wage! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D*

*The excessive use of the :D Smiley was implied as sarcasm. This message is for the benefit for people who do not have sarcasm detection skills. I can name one member who lacks these skills, try to guess which one. Hint: 2 Words, first one begins with a 'G'. Final note, if you read the above paragraph go and find yourself a life and a job. Chaz is licensed by the DfT to promote National Rail and is regulated by the ORR and ATOC. Terms and conditions apply see instore for details.

devon_metro

Established Member
Chaz said:
*The excessive use of the :D Smiley was implied as sarcasm. This message is for the benefit for people who do not have sarcasm detection skills. I can name one member who lacks these skills, try to guess which one. Hint: 2 Words, first one begins with a 'G'. Final note, if you read the above paragraph go and find yourself a life and a job. Chaz is licensed by the DfT to promote National Rail and is regulated by the ORR and ATOC. Terms and conditions apply see instore for details.

Ah! I ahve figured out who you mean now. :lol:

tramboy

Currently on holiday! However, from September I'm a final year Geography (aiming for a BSc in it) student at Durham.

Regards

Dave

AlexS

Established Member
For 3 weeks, general dogsbody, administrator and assistant operations manager for a coach operator.

Otherwise, full time student, with occasional stints on the platforms at Loughborough Central, or with a sledgehammer knocking down things in the holidays.

David

Established Member
Driving a Flying Banana. Tomorrow going to Telford, Stourbridge, then 4 deliveries and collections around Birmingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.