• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

when central trains goes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve158

who do you think will take over the various parts??

i've heard one company will take over the WM operations(silverlink??)and the other the EM operations(MML?)

another story is two new companies will be formed out of Silverlink, CT, MML and VXC!

and another meaning split like this:

leicester and nottm depots - MML
boston and cambridge depots - 'one'
crewe and lincoln depots - northern
birmingham new st/snow hill/coventry/wolves depots - silverlink
stourbridge/worcester depots - great western

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evil_hippo

I suspect Silverlink will become Birmingham suburban operator, though Chilten could be argued to be the ones for the job too (Marylebone-Kidderminster?)

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
hmm possible nottingham - cardiff service operated by mml? I like the sound of that, get the HST's back out for it too! :lol:

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I would have thought that TPE should take the Liverpool-Norwich services, as this is obviously cross-pennine.

When the franchise is split, how will the units be distributed? For example, if TPE did take on Liverpool-Norwich, would they be given 170s?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
HSTfan!!! said:
hmm possible nottingham - cardiff service operated by mml? I like the sound of that, get the HST's back out for it too! :lol:

DAMN STRAIGHT!

'The train now approaching platform 2 is the 1404 Midland Mainline service to Nottingham. Calling at Gloucester, Cheltenham Spa, Birmingham New Street, Wilnecote, Tamworth, Burton-on-Trent, Willington, Derby, Long Eaton, Beeston and Nottingham. First Class accommodation is towards the rear of the train. Platform 2 for the 1404 Midland Mainline service to Nottingham'

:)

'Welcome aboard this Midland Mainline 125 set to Nottingham'

:D

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
laverack222 said:
I would have thought that TPE should take the Liverpool-Norwich services, as this is obviously cross-pennine.

When the franchise is split, how will the units be distributed? For example, if TPE did take on Liverpool-Norwich, would they be given 170s?
Ah yes, the TransPennine services that are not labelled as such. But TPE operate Manchester-Barrow/Windermere, which doesn't cross the Pennines. It's a bit of a mess really!

It would make sense for TPE to take over those services - at least between Liverpool and Sheffield, but south of Sheffield it would mean TPE would cover a huge area ranging from Norwich to Windermere!

bunnahabhain

Established Member
FGWFan said:
HSTfan!!! said:

DAMN STRAIGHT!

'The train now approaching platform 2 is the 1404 Midland Mainline service to Nottingham. Calling at Gloucester, Cheltenham Spa, Birmingham New Street, Wilnecote, Tamworth, Burton-on-Trent, Willington, Derby, Long Eaton, Beeston and Nottingham. First Class accommodation is towards the rear of the train. Platform 2 for the 1404 Midland Mainline service to Nottingham'

'Welcome aboard this Midland Mainline 125 set to Nottingham'

Um, you do know that wont happen, cause it would be a stupid idea, a 5-8 coach HST set calling at somewhere like Wilnecote and all the other small stations that the Nottingham - Cardiff service calls at, it will go to Virgin Cross-Country operation, like most CityLink services should be.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Well, I suppose Cardiff-Nottingham could technically go to Arriva Trains Wales, Midland Mainline or Virgin Cross Country. If it went to ATW it would most likely be 158 operated, as they already have some so it would make sense to hand some more 158's over than send 170's instead. If it went to VXC or MML it would most likely be 170's, although I suppose 158's would still be a possibility.

David

Established Member
I reckon the City Link services should go to VXC. They would be able to retime the trains so they could provide better conections to more towns and cities.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Jamie, leave my fantasy alone.

I know for fact you wouldn't get them calling there. Part of the idea was to illustrate how stupid it is making long distance trains call at more stations than the shorter ones!

If I had my way, the service would 'call at Gloucester, Cheltenham Spa, Birmingham New Street, Derby and Nottingham.'

Now THAT would be cool. 5-8 coach HST, btw? Screw that. Full length HST, so that it would then do a run to St. Pancras.

Tomnick

Established Member
FGWFan said:
5-8 coach HST, btw? Screw that. Full length HST, so that it would then do a run to St. Pancras.
Is it not just as likely that the existing stock would continue to be used (with maybe a few minor alterations to diagrams) - simply tranferred to the 'new' operator? Seems easier than having to train all the drivers on stock that's unsuitable for the service anyway!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
well 170's and 158's in Virgin livery, that would be interesting I must say! then again they'd probably order a few more vomits to replace perfectly good rolling stock.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Tomnick said:
FGWFan said:
5-8 coach HST, btw? Screw that. Full length HST, so that it would then do a run to St. Pancras.
Is it not just as likely that the existing stock would continue to be used (with maybe a few minor alterations to diagrams) - simply tranferred to the 'new' operator? Seems easier than having to train all the drivers on stock that's unsuitable for the service anyway!

Valid point there.

I guess to make it at all realistic in this fantasy of mine, there would be HSTs, just on peak time services only, running a limited stop service.

In reality, we're still going to see plenty of 170/5 and /6s down here. Maybe we'll see more Voyagers...We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.