• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When did the current stop boards get introduced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I'm going to be building a model railway with a few different time periods in mind, and whilst many time dependant bits of information can be easily found, the subject of stop boards isn't well catered for it seems.

I am looking at modelling a token block branch line and I notice, from some pictures, in the seventies they had a stop board which was simply a square, white piece of board with "stop and obtain token before proceeding" on it (or something similar). Obviously now they use a reflective board with "STOP" and a red filled circle above the relevant instructions (in this case "Obtain token before proceeding"), so my question is, broadly what time did these signs change and was there any other signage used in between?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.