• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When does the Aldwych 1972 stock next move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeagles

I’ve heard that the MK1 72 Stock at Aldwych is going to move soon. Does anyone have the exact date or time?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LUYMun

Normally it should travel between Aldwych and Northfields Depot, but seeing some videos of previous movements, this would only happen overnight.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Any such information will certainly be marked 'Private - For Staff Use Only' or similar, and will also take place outside of Traffic Hours.

Whilst I'm sure such information will make it into the public domain, enthusiasts wishing to see the move should limit themselves to places which are publicly accessible such as over bridges, and not seek to access closed stations.

If such a move takes place (it does tend to move annually, but it seems very early for this to be the case.) it will be from Aldwych to Northfields in the first instance.

xc170

What would be the reason for it to move, and why is there still a train at Aldwych anyway?

LUYMun

What would be the reason for it to move, and why is there still a train at Aldwych anyway?
The 1972TS has to be there for filming reasons (though other rolling stock appears in films). If I am correct, it may also be to do with maintaining the electrical current of the Aldwych branch. It moves from time to time between Aldwych and a depot (most common Northfields) for maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.