• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When making changes to bus services...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
...do companies need to provide full details of changes to the Traffic Commissioner, i.e. every timetable detail, by the 56-day cut-off or do they only need to provide notice of a revision? I ask because, having checked through some older e-mail I have received, I have found evidence to suggest that First S&A have previously failed to meet the 56-day cut-off if the first scenario is correct.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

burns20

With local authority support a service can be registered with less than 56 days notice (90 days in Scotland) it is known as short notice.

ReverendFozz

Cant non-commercial services be setup straight, I seem to remember Stagecoach put free services on in Darlington in the 90's during the Darlo Bus War, and I seem to remember they got round the 56 day period by making the service free...

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong about that

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes, you can run a free service with no notice.

Given that local authority contracts are usually awarded well under the 56 day notice period, the ability to register at short notice with LA support is useful. I believe the same process applies when contracts are issued as emergency replacement for operators who have ceased trading.

overthewater

Established Member
Council can make changes in days,

Normally Bus companies as been said have to submit 56 days even for Scotland, the 90 day rules is used for service that have already been changed:

TC will get a new traffic Doc, which will contain FULL route descriptions, full Timetable and other useful information.

90 Day rule:

Company Submit changes for Route 5: takes 56 days to come in to operations, from that point until 90 days laters is when the next change to Route 5 can take place.

Established Member
Quite similar to the bus services provided by big supermarkets, who sometimes disappear as quickly as they appeared, with no-one really knowing anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.