• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When this is all over....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekC

Established Member
I'll be out snapping again

Be seeing my veteran grandmother again (I am missing our monthly visits). Just hope she is still alive in a few months as she is due her telegram

Having a father in law who has just passed his century - it's a card these days - and more important you have to apply for it three weeks in advance. Just to bear in mind!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
Hugs, seeing my best friends again and going out a lot, as I've only been clubbing once.

Also trying to meet as many new people as possible and make lots more friends, and maybe even a girlfriend.

Struner

Brilliant - we need some more smiles :lol:. @Struner - is that a gas engine? What a gas!

As well as planning celebrations (hugs for all my daughters and grandchildren and beers with my sons in law) I am wondering how much this will change the world. Any thoughts?
The BBQ one is a Brons engine, diesel, they built ships engines for coasters & the like & stationary ones.
The music one is a SABB (not Saab), small engines for fishing boats &c. Could well be a “semi-diesel”.

trainophile

Established Member
Re-book all the trips I have had to cancel, trying my best to patronise those hotels and B&Bs who kindly gave me a full refund.

Really looking forward to a trip over the Forth Bridge and the Tay Bridge. Very lucky that our last trip at the beginning of the month encompassed those.

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
I shall probably wake up, instantly think, "Yay! At last I can buy some eggs!" Then I'll venture outside, discover that the streets have become horrendously crowded and the London air suddenly smells horribly polluted, realise that I can't cycle 200 yards without encountering a moving car, bravely make it just about alive to the supermarket, and then return home to read a good book in peace. Except 3 days later I'll discover that - amongst the sea of germs that are suddenly rampaging around in the absence of social distancing and with everyone's immune systems trying to adjust back to the fact that there actually are a few pathogens out there - I've been infected with a bad normal flu, and end up spending the next week in bed, chatting on newsgroups about how much better life was in the lockdown.

Oh, and those dumbbells that I ordered 6 months previously will finally become in stock again, and they'll turn up on my doorstep, just as the gyms re-open and I realise I don't need them anymore.

jb108822

I might've come up with a list. It's at least keeping me positive for now! :P
1) Having a blowout on fast food.
2) Getting a haircut - I just don't trust myself with the clippers.
3) Having a wardrobe refresh, depending on finances.
4) Get back to the gym and carry on with my weight loss. I'm basically at my initial target, so I'm just going to try and maintain that over the next few months - wish me luck.
5) Go on a train and have an adventure somewhere. I just want a good holiday, really!
6) Get a couple more tattoos.

Train Maniac

1) Go on a two week rail bash tour (was already planning before)
2) Hang out with my mates
3) PUB!!!!

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Go on a date and get serious again. Then get some Novas in and more pubs!

Bantamzen

Established Member
Go to McDonalds and get a Big Mac. Not that I'm a great fan of them anyway but I'd kill for one now!

Its weird isn't it, I usually detest them but could wrap my face around a Big Mac right now!! But I think when all starts to return, it'll be up to a local pub for a couple of cold ones before steak & wine, a ruddy big steak with all the trimmings....

nlogax

Established Member
A good pub by the river, some large G&Ts, warm evening sun and actual human beings sat around the table with me. I'm not the most social of people but that thought is really very appealing right now.

route101

Established Member
Get out on a trip , to Wales or SW England. Will see how it is with hotels and tickets , there is a surge in demand

ChrisC

Established Member
Re-book all the trips I have had to cancel, trying my best to patronise those hotels and B&Bs who kindly gave me a full refund.

That’s exactly what I intend to do. Since taking early retirement 5 years ago I’ve been going for a few days away at UK locations at least once a month.

This week I should have been staying in Pickering North Yorkshire and at the end of April I had 7 nights booked in Penzance which I have also cancelled. A week staying at relatives in Suffolk mid May is looking more and more unlikely. I have a few nights in Cheltenham booked for the beginning of June and a week in Portsmouth booked at the end of June although I’m beginning to wonder whether these will now happen. A number of plans for the second half of the year but nothing actually booked yet.

I think I might start making a few bookings for August onwards, just in case after some restrictions may have been lifted, there is very high demand and high prices for UK holidays, especially if people are fearful of travelling abroad.

trainophile

Established Member
Except for all the people who have been laid off, or are self-employed and won't get anything until June.

Oh yes, that was thoughtless of me, sorry :oops: . I was thinking of those like myself who usually book a future trip (hotel + trains) about once a fortnight, but have put the whole shebang on hold.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
I'm looking forward to once more travelling around the North of England watching Hereford FC lose every other week. Seems ages since I last did it but it's actually only 17 days ago (4-0 at Spennymoor if anyone's interested).

D365

Veteran Member
Except 3 days later I'll discover that - amongst the sea of germs that are suddenly rampaging around in the absence of social distancing and with everyone's immune systems trying to adjust back to the fact that there actually are a few pathogens out there - I've been infected with a bad normal flu, and end up spending the next week in bed, chatting on newsgroups about how much better life was in the lockdown.

This is exactly my concern when the lockdown eases up. I might give it a few weeks before I hit the pub/club/gym again.

Welly

I imagine it will be like releasing a schoolful of kids at the end of a very long day!

Peter C

Established Member
The one thing I'm looking forward to after all this has ended is being able to see friends and go out on the railway again. :)

-Peter

brad465

Established Member
This is exactly my concern when the lockdown eases up. I might give it a few weeks before I hit the pub/club/gym again.
I'd probably hold back as well for a short while, but not so much for the germ fest, but because everyone will be desperate to do what they've missed for so long so pubs and other venues will be rammed.

My cycling antics personally will tie me over and games nights/other house gatherings I've had with other colleagues in Maidstone should be enough for me before everything hopefully returns to "background" levels.

Dibuzz

See my kids, watch my daughter playing rugby and get lots of licks from her daft dog.

Last edited:

Gvision

Definitely will be booking a holiday for the following year, since two of my holiday bookings were cancelled for this year.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
Get a hair cut.

I needed one just before we went into semi-lockdown; I'll be a right mess when the barbers reopen. Pony tail anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.