• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When this is all over....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
We're going to have a communal burning of toilet roll tubes! :D

How will you celebrate?

I am muchly looking forward to seeing my girlfriend again :wub:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotrail158713

Established Member
I’m looking forward to football resuming (whenever that may be) so I can get back to playing 5s again. Also looking forward to refereeing again - part of me misses spending an afternoon getting called a f***ing pr*ck. :D

scotrail158713

Established Member
I am also looking forward to the first parkrun again. I went for a very lonely run earlier today - I miss the company of running with others.

Strathclyder

Established Member
Being totally honest here, when the worst of this is over, I shall hopefully be resuming my quest to find a boyfriend in earnest. Been single for long enough and would have liked to have found a BF before all this really kicked off. Story of my life that I didn't. :/

High Dyke

Established Member
I'd partake myself, but I suspect that Mrs Wombat would object.
Well you don't have to tell her...

Football for me won't begin until next season. Also weird not being able to go out for a beer, though having to explain why I'm having to furlough bar staff. I think we'll be having a good night once the Railway Club reopens.

Last edited by a moderator:

bussnapperwm

Established Member
I'm going to go where my brother works, have a huge meal and get hammered.

Then spend a week off work bus hunting

DerekC

Established Member
Brilliant - we need some more smiles :lol:. @Struner - is that a gas engine? What a gas!

As well as planning celebrations (hugs for all my daughters and grandchildren and beers with my sons in law) I am wondering how much this will change the world. Any thoughts?

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Many forum members will probably cringe when I say this but one of the first things I intend to do is book myself a holiday for 2021.

CJ

Llanigraham

Established Member
Going to see my new grand daughter down in Cornwall, going down the pub with some close friends for a pint ot two, and funnily enough having fish and chips from the chippie.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Many forum members will probably cringe when I say this but one of the first things I intend to do is book myself a holiday for 2021.

CJ
I think that’s fair enough. We have some money put aside for our first proper holiday without kids for about six years, and it’s been nice thinking about where to go but then this has happened. So we didn’t have a holiday last year and we’ll probably have to wait until next year now.
First world problems and all that though eh.

Established Member
Go to the pub!

In all seriousness, I will be intending to visit more heritage railways. They will need every bit of custom they can possibly get.

trainophile

Established Member
Just getting the bus into town and browsing the charity shops, ending up with nipping into a fully stocked Tesco for something for dinner, without having to meal plan for weeks ahead.

dgl

Established Member
Taking my 2 year old nephew to work to go swimming, something he absolutely loves. Oh and finally getting to take him to Paulton's Park after the last attempt to do so got disrupted by one of the storms.

_toommm_

Established Member
Well hopefully it’ll be summertime. My rent has been reduced by 50% so I’ll have a spare £1,000, so one big superbash I think!

UP13

High five as many people as possible. Touch as many door handles as possible.

alxndr

Established Member
  • Go for a long walk in the countryside. Walking around a town isn't anywhere near the same, although I'm grateful that work allows me some time out of here as I go a bit loopy if I've not had a dose of countryside in a while.
  • Visit family, especially grandparents.
  • See a friend after we never managed to rearrange a meet up before this kicked off.
  • If it takes long enough it might also be time to visit another friend I promised to see this summer to have a trip around Scotland with.

Status
Not open for further replies.