• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When Will We Know About the New Greater Western Franchise

Wessex Trains ..... Or...... First Group

• First Group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeholmes

Is there an exact date for this, and when will the repaint the trains, and any more info that anyone knows about the franchise please discuss, your veiws on it etc etc will be greatly appreciated for disscussion in this thread !!

Regards

Joe

PS I voted for First due to there understanding or the fine train! = HSTs

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

It'll be sometime near the end of this year, but IMO, First Group are doing well with this franchise despite the minor setbacks by various staff.

tramboy

I believe Wessex Trains are run by National Express...who in my opinion tend to provide a good service and do very well on Midland Mainline, "one" and WAGN.

I have nothing against first either, but having a better experience of NatEx is the reason for me voting for them (that's long distance...local first services are usually TPEX Durham-Newcastle in term time.)

Anyway, whoever wins will have to get a move on (or persuade people to get a move on) with HST2 because as good as the re-engined 43s probably are (i live in the midlands, so haven't travelled behind one) they aren't going to last forever.

Cheers

Dave

Julian G

Established Member
the company who wins the bid for the Greater Western Franchise will start operating on April 2006

T

Tom

1288gaje, we were asking about when the results would be released, not when it would start. :?

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Results are due sometime around December 2005.....take that with a tiny pinch of salt cause it could be anywhere from October-January.

Status
Not open for further replies.