• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I? (Roads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
I did say that you could post photos in the "Guess the road" quiz but it would seem people would prefer a photos only quiz then?

Going by recent forum tradition one would assume that with a title of "Guess the __________" it would be a photos-only game in itself...

For now I'm going to call an open floor. Pathetic Motorways aside I wouldn't really know where to source a picture from for this, and the choice on there is of course restricted to a limited number of motorways only...

(Any ideas are welcome, but this is still an open floor.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zoe

Established Member
Going by recent forum tradition one would assume that with a title of "Guess the __________" it would be a photos-only game in itself...
It's just strange that someone would start this quiz when there is already a "Guess the road" quiz then.

Last edited:

Nym

Established Member
Should be easy...

This is a primary A road in the UK... Also classified as a 'Trunk Route' under old standards.

Attachments

• P1011405.jpg
    P1011405.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 34

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The A66 between Penrith and Keswick?

I wasn't aware the other thread allowed pictures, however it seems to be that most games have a picture variant and description counterpart, so I think it should be left as it is. (I don't want a huge debate on this).

Zoe

Established Member
I wasn't aware the other thread allowed pictures, however it seems to be that most games have a picture variant and description counterpart, so I think it should be left as it is. (I don't want a huge debate on this).
That's fine, I'll change the other quiz to no photos allowed.

Nym

Established Member
The A66 between Penrith and Keswick?

If you'd have stopped typing earlier you'd be right ;)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If you'd have stopped typing earlier you'd be right ;)
Darn, but I don't have access to pictures currently so it would have been open floor anyway; I guess you want the area still though?

EDIT: as Nym has not specified if the location is required I shall post this:

Attachments

• WAI_2.png
    WAI_2.png
    721.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
I'm thinking possibly the A329(M)? I really don't think that works though, unless it's the stretch approaching central Reading that does not carry the (M) suffix.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
God, so many places that could be...

It was 8sMi West of Keswick on the A66...

I'm thinking possibly the A329(M)? I really don't think that works though, unless it's the stretch approaching central Reading that does not carry the (M) suffix.
No

I'll give you a clue, it's quite near Nym.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It is a short route, and oddly it doesn't where it's road name suggests, however this is to be fixed.

Nym

Established Member
Looking backwards down the A555 heading away from Handforth towards Gilbent Jcn on the A34, just before the exit slip...

And it is all in Zone 5 so thats throwing me a little bit...

Here... http://g.co/maps/xy9ke

Since I know I'm right...

I'll be back in a moment with one

Stolen from google again, shamelessly being similar to the last one ;)

Attachments

• WAI.JPG
    WAI.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Welshman

Established Member
Is it the southern end of the M40 by Beaconsfield services, just before it joins the M25?

Status
Not open for further replies.