• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see if you can guess which line i am on!

- I am in a place where the great Robert Burns was born and his anniversery is celebrated yearly

- I am on a line which has no OHLE, Classes 156, 37's and 66's, including an odd charter which visits yearly otherwise known as the Jacobite

- I am in a place which has no signals, only at the start of the line, after that you must gain a token to gain access to the next station.

- Finally,,, The line boasts fantastic scenery

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GreaterGlasgowBve said:

- I am in a place where the great Robert Burns was born and his anniversery is celebrated yearly

- I am on a line which has no OHLE, Classes 156, 37's and 66's, including an odd charter which visits yearly otherwise known as the Jacobite

- I am in a place which has no signals, only at the start of the line, after that you must gain a token to gain access to the next station.

I guess the West Highland :)

The Jacobite isn't technicaly a 'Charter' anymore, it appears in the WTT :shock:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
trainlover123 said:
GreaterGlasgowBve said:

I guess the West Highland :)

The Jacobite isn't technicaly a 'Charter' anymore, it appears in the WTT :shock:
West Highland Extention, as the West Highland line does have OHLE in the Glasgow suburbs as far as the junction for Hellensburugh Upper/Central.

The Jacobite steam train is not yearly, it's a regular daily service in Summer! It's the UK's last remaining daily, timetabled, steam service on the National Rail network. It isn't a charter and it appears in the National Rail Timetable. Unfortunately normal tickets are not accepted on it (although that is not made clear in the NRT).

Status
Not open for further replies.