• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

I am somewhere which is electrified by third rail, and I get to a fourth rail system within around an hour and a half. The train operating company I am travelling on today is green and white and the trains remind me of the Northern Line. This station is also served by other trains. In the gap between the two platforms, I am sure there is a gap wide enough for 2 tracks. In the other platform, I notice a rare train on this line, but not so rare a few years ago.

Where am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

No, journey time from Pokesdown to Waterloo is around 2:11 on a stopper, no fast services stop at the station.

T

Tom

How am I at Southampton Central when I think there is space for 2 tracks, I never said there were tracks there...

T

Tom

Not Bournemouth, and rare train is for the line, not necessarily the stock so not Brockenhurst either!

T

Tom

Let's narrow this down ... the green and white train is Southern. I am in or near SWT territory.

T

Tom

Eh eh eh ... computer says no. Ok, another clue, I am on the West Coastway line.

T

Tom

Indeed.

The rare train for the line is a 442, as they used to run daily, but now only run during diversions. I was going on a Southern train to either Southampton Central or London Victoria, or even Brighton!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Go me :p I might think of somewhere to post later

Status
Not open for further replies.