• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Thanks, moving away from the Southwest see what you make of this one.....

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 24

madjack

Small place, no car park, a clear contour to the other side to the platform. Branch line running NW to SE.

You are Burneside and I claim my £5.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
I must say I'm very impressed! And there's me thinking that the small boats nearby may have thrown you a little as regards location ha ha. Anyway well done and over to you :smile:

madjack

You don't know how long I spent on it :D . When I came back to it and zoomed out I noticed the steepish hill and house on the left that you'd kept in the pic, and was reminded of the Windermere line straight away. Easy if you recognise it.

Here's another one with a few clues...
Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 16.52.42.png

Last edited:

Gathursty

Established Member
Getting all mixed up with the quizzes. I've not got a suitable image as yet so open floor it is. :D

Last edited:

madjack

A small settlement on a main line, high bridge on the right implies hilly terrain so somewhere inland. But the West/East orientation was a red herring. Blair Atholl.

DanTrain

I don't think there are, but I didn't know that Wisbeach was one so I had to look through all OHLE lines on that alignment. Try this (I think it's quite hard)

Google Maps won't let me turn labels off on my phone, so there's a red splodge instead, don't take anything from its lengh, I may or may not have lengthened it ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2655.jpg
    IMG_2655.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 16

madjack

Just got a bit of time for armchair travel at the moment over the holiday...

Here's a straightforward one for anyone who's studied this line, I think.

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 07.23.55.png

Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Well done, did you recognise it straight away?

Yes kind of, direction of the line and openish feel to the landscape plus the remains of the former RAF base buildings sort of gave it away really, not passed through for a few years now but still remember it well. See what you think about this one....

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    868 KB · Views: 15

Ash Bridge

Established Member
I think it's just a case of some track renewal or perhaps fresh ballast dropped recently around the time of the satellite image. A clue would be that it's a Northern operated station served only by their trains if that's of any help?