• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tractakid

Tiverton Parkway!

Answered assuming using a map to aid finding an answer is OK- my question wasn't answered but there has been no rule stating against. If these are supposed to be done of recognition only I apologise.

Last edited:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I think this is another one where it's rather tricky to work out which part of the image the station is in. A more zoomed out could be helpful :).

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I think telstarbox has got it. What gave it away for you?

As I see I'm not the only one struggling to work out where the station is and it's happened before, perhaps in the future people putting up extracts with railways that are difficult to visually locate could give a written clue (or annotation in the image) as to where we need to look. At your own discretion, of course.

telstarbox

Established Member
I thought it had to be somewhere in London as there aren't many completely underground stations elsewhere.

Moving on:

288ozdt.png

Last edited:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It feels a bit... South London? Hackbridge maybe?

Surely that rule needs to be altered otherwise people can just post nondescript bits of London with no railway...

I would imagine it can be taken on trust that people will be sensible - if we ever have a problem then I'm sure more action can be taken.

tractakid

The choice of TBW was quite amazing. After discussing my selection of the Essex Road image with a couple of friends (trying to gauge if it was too hard), one of them commented 'Tunbridge Wells has tunnels either side', so I looked it up. Without that I wouldn't have had a clue.

See what people make of this one.

Attachments

• Map3.png
    Map3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 90

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Well ... there are a lot of buildings and whilst I have no idea which one is the station, am I right in thinking it's one that's nowhere near the visible railway line?