• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where did I Start and end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Here is a puzzle for you and guess where I start and end using the clues on my route:

I start my journey at a stop only capable of 3 car sets and now has a reduced service to just two a day.
I reach my interchange station which is the county town and head up on a TPX 158. I then get off at a Parkway station, some distance from where Concorde was grounded at on its very last flight. I get on a MML HST with some differrent posters inside and get off at the station with a thriving shopping centre above and a city with a long tram line.
Its then a 150 to where the citys tramlink joins again. I get off here and travel on a VT 220 onwards to a big city which hosts alot of EMUs/DMUs. I then take a Silverlink 321 to a place of a biggish railway works.

Where do I end?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
On a Silverlink 321???? When was Sheffield electrified?

ANyway, I think it's Bletchley

Coxster

Established Member
I start my journey at a stop only capable of 3 car sets and now has a reduced service to just two a day - Melksham

I reach my interchange station which is the county town and head up on a TPX 158 - Bristol Temple Meads

I then get off at a Parkway station, some distance from where Concorde was grounded at on its very last flight - Bristol Parkway

I get on a MML HST with some differrent posters inside and get off at the station with a thriving shopping centre above and a city with a long tram line - Birmingham New Street

Its then a 150 to where the citys tramlink joins again - Wolverhampton

I get off here and travel on a VT 220 onwards to a big city which hosts alot of EMUs/DMUs - Back to Birmingham New Street?

I then take a Silverlink 321 to a place of a biggish railway works - Bletchley (when the full service ran?)

1D53

Established Member
Heysham Port - Lancaster - Manchester Piccadilly - Bristol Parkway
(Aside from the fact that 158's never did Lancaster - Man Pic)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Coxster said:
I reach my interchange station which is the county town and head up on a TPX 158 - Bristol Temple Meads

I think that's Trowbridge, Bristol isnt the county town/city of Anywhere, and Trowbridge is of Wiltshire

I think you go to Leeds, then end up at Doncaster (the Silverlink 321 being on Hire to Northern)

1D53

Established Member
I start my journey at a stop only capable of 3 car sets and now has a reduced service to just two a day - Melksham

I reach my interchange station which is the county town and head up on a TPX 158. BTM

I then get off at a Parkway station, some distance from where Concorde was grounded at on its very last flight. Bristol Parkway

I get on a MML HST with some differrent posters inside and get off at the station with a thriving shopping centre above and a city with a long tram line. Meadowhall.

Its then a 150 to where the citys tramlink joins again. Sheffield

I get off here and travel on a VT 220 onwards to a big city which hosts alot of EMUs/DMUs. Leeds
I then take a Silverlink 321 to a place of a biggish railway works. Donny!

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
YEY JsT has it right! It started at Melksham and ended at Donny, However the paths all seem to be wrong! the clues on the routes take you to this journey:

I start my journey at a stop only capable of 3 car sets and now has a reduced service to just two a day - MELSKHAM

I reach my interchange station which is the county town - Trowbridge and head up on a TPX 158 (With FGW)

I then get off at a Parkway station, some distance from where Concorde was grounded at on its very last flight - Bristol Parkway

I get on a MML HST (With VT) with some differrent posters inside and get off at the station with a thriving shopping centre above and a city with a long tram line - BNS

Its then a 150 to where the citys tramlink joins again - Wolves

I get off here and travel on a VT 220 onwards to a big city which hosts alot of EMUs/DMUs - Leeds
I then take a Silverlink 321 (With Northern) to a place of a biggish railway works - DONCASTER

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Its then a 150 to where the citys tramlink joins again - Wolves

I get off here and travel on a VT 220 onwards to a big city which hosts alot of EMUs/DMUs - Leeds

When did you do this journey as Virgin CrossCountry dont run direct from Wolverhampton to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.