• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where do you live/plan to live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

I'm interested to know where any adults out there live, and where any younger people plan to live. I got thinking on this when talking to friends (from the forum). A lot of people, I noticed, intend to live in London when they are adults. So, please let me know where you plan to live, or where you already live if you have already left home. I personally also want to live in London.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

i preasently live in Camborne, Cornwall.

I plan to move to leeds when college is over, and go to the uni there, or possibley somewhere else.

Derek Kaye

I live in cumbria, and I would like to continue living here.

however, employment must take priority and this may mean that I have to move to an urban area.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I live in Loughborough and I love it here, it's a nice country town, even if we're more of a Small City, and I intend to live here as long as possible.

Dave A

Derek Kaye said:
I live in cumbria, and I would like to continue living here.

however, employment must take priority and this may mean that I have to move to an urban area.

Believe me, employment is no better, if not worse, in London than Cumbria. And its not much better in other urban areas :( :roll:

Want proof? - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4158764.stm :cry:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hmm, well I've got some choices. Obviously it'll depend on where the work is.

Currently, and I know I'm breaking my own rule here, I live in Ravenhill.

I'd like to live in Newcastle. Why? I don't know for sure. I want to live 'oop North' though. As I said, it depends on where the work is.

T

Tom

FGWFan, I'm sure you'd like to live in Old Oak Common depot.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
OK, here's a more full list of where I'd like to live:

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle
Crewe
OOC
LE
LA
RG
ZC

You get the picture. Obviously half of those aren't possible, but it would be awesome.

I live in Frolesworth, Leicestershire

I want to (Eventually) Live near The Severn Valley Railway :shock:

ChrisM

I live in Bournemouth but when the kids leave home (soon i hope :lol: ) i might move back to Southampton.
Was born in Portsmouth but could never move back there.

eezypeazy

I live in Ryton, in the Tyne Valley, just seven miles from Newcastle's Quayside, where I work in an office adjacent to the ECML viaduct. I can cycle to work in 30 minutes, home in 40 'cos the last two miles are uphill. By road, we are just 90 minutes from the Lake District, 30 minutes from the beach and two hours from Edinburgh. By rail, about 2 hours 45 minutes from London. We live three miles from MetroCentre, Europe's largest out of town shopping centre, but it's also rural enough to be able to walk up the Tyne Valley, past George Stephenson's birthplace, to some rural real ale pubs in Wylam. For me and Mrs eezypeazy, it's a perfect mix of nearly rural with all the benefits of a big city....

eezypeazy

Tom B

Established Member
Doncaster... but I doubt I'll stay for too long in the future as employment in the IT field is zilch.

jd

Paul_Parkin said:
I want to (Eventually) Live near The Severn Valley Railway :shock:

Do you not think you might *eventually* get bored of the SVR? I certainly did - my grandad is a volunteer at the Kidderminster Railway Museum (which is on Kidderminster SVR station).

Guinness

Established Member
I live in a small country town near Macclesfield which has the Highest People to Pub Ratio in the UK. 3,500 of us to choose from 18 pubs. :P

I like it here and plan to move nearer Macclesfield Train Station. :P

Dave A

I plan to live somewhere in the far north of Wales, Porthmadog maybe :? :mrgreen:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I live in Bristol, and have done so for just under a month, with my sister, but frequently go see my parents in Aylesbury, the county town of Buckinghamshire. I would like to live in London, but I know that the job that I want to do when I leave college would be much harder in London, so I might stay in Bristol :D

The Snap

Established Member
I live in sunny Manchester! :P But, when I´m older I intend to live in a town house in Kensington, London. :D (Fat chance I know, but hey, we all have dreams!) :lol:

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I live in Newport where the majority of class 66 entered Britain!
I want to live in Kent or France - Paris or thereabouts I think.

David

Established Member
I live in Scunthorpe, but I'll live anywhere that I can get a decent paying job (I'm talking £9 an hour minimum here)

evil_hippo

I would love to live in italy... But only if I could work in the railway!

I am stuck in Appleby, home of inbreds/sheep. And no 37s anymore. :( But nice girls.

Cockfosters said:
Doncaster... but I doubt I'll stay for too long in the future as employment in the IT field is zilch.

The only good thing about doncaster is the semi dressed ladies... if you can call them that !

I would like to live in the place I am now.... Home

Tom B

Established Member
Railways aren't too bad. The semi-dressed ladies are all Doncaster's Finest (look like the back end of a bus (a dart, not a dommo)).

David

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Railways aren't too bad. The semi-dressed ladies are all Doncaster's Finest (look like the back end of a bus (a dart, not a dommo)).
You haven't been out in Scunthorpe then. The Ladies(!) make donkeys look nice. <(

Coxster

Established Member
I live in Farnborough and I'm not too fussed about moving away as I am in easy reach of London (30-50 minutes) and also the North as Reading station is only 20 minutes away.

jonb

Established Member
I live in Brentwood at present, well about 4/5 miles out of the town centre. I plan to move to somewhere in the Chelmsford area but will definitely stay in Essex.

Darren

I plan to move to somewhere in the Chelmsford area but will definitely stay in Essex.

I lived in Chelmsford for a little while - never again. Such a hell hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.