In order to update the forum software, this afternoon from 13.00 some members may find that for short periods the forum is unavailable. Please ensure that you have made any posts before this time as any unsent messages may be lost.

Where does it go?

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by Dave A, 30 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave A

Dave A Established Member

Hi all!

Hopefully one of those in the know could help me with this little query.

On one of my (many) journey's between BRI (Bristol Temple Meads) - PAD (London Paddington), today I noticed there was a separate service that goes to Swindon (calling at Bath & Chippenham), with the PAD service only calling at Bath then RDG (Reading).

I was trying to get a look out the window as we were going past to see if I noticed any stations, but due to the earlier darkness, I had no success. :roll:

So, does anyone have any idea why this is done? And does it take a different route into RDG, as the journey took quite a bit longer than usual as well?!

Last edited: 30 Oct 2011
  2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Mojo

Mojo Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This service only runs today (and other days when works are taking place) due to engineering work.

The line between Swindon & Didcot Parkway was closed today due to engineering works, so trains from Bristol were diverted via the Berks & Hants route (through Newbury, avoiding Swindon and Chippenham).

4. Dave A

Dave A Established Member

Ah ha. Cheers Mojo! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.