• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

where is this bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
bridge.jpg

Where is it?

I've only been over the bridge once, on one of the best forum meets we had, did heads out on a lovely warm summers evening... I won't say any more in case I give it away.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
No its not
There would be a suspension brisge and there is a smaller tide than that on the Tamar river.

Is it the River Severn

Nick

Its the one on the North Wales route to Holyhead, forgotton the name mind.

traveller1030

As someone who's passed over the King Edward VII bridge only twice, even I gathered it isn't that or the Tyne Bridge.

As for the bridge over to Anglesey, traversed that in July and I don't remember a road bridge like that alongside the railway line - even in pitch-black conditions I think I'd have spotted a structure like that.

Sorry, haven't a clue but thought I'd help in ruling those two out - the Britannia Bridge, remind me where that is again... it sounds familiar but whether or not that's the answer... :?:

Tomnick

Established Member
Unless I'm very much mistaken, doesn't the Forth Bridge cross the Firth of Forth? Hence the name?

traveller1030

How's this for a lol moment (courtesy of Google): me earlier saying the Britannia bridge sounds familiar - no wonder, it's the bridge I used to get to Holyhead and back on the train. :oops:

Still no closer to knowing what bridge is in the photo though.

Coxster

Established Member
quiz.gif

100% Runcorn! If Yorkie says it's not - I'm gonna argue with him! My mum's mate used to live in Runcorn and I went over it many a time. The bit on the right is road bridge and used to be red. The station is just out of view to the bottom of the image. The bridge has castle-like turrets at each end of the riverbank (Mersey).

Status
Not open for further replies.