• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where to catch buses from in Bradford

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave4jackie

Where is the best place in bradford to get the first buses apart from interchange bus station or do all the first buses go there

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ASharpe

Buses in Bradford have been disrupted a fair bit recently, with many services not going down Market Street and taking diversions.

Does anyone know when all will be back to normal?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Buses in Bradford have been disrupted a fair bit recently, with many services not going down Market Street and taking diversions.

Does anyone know when all will be back to normal?

The works on Lower Kirkgate were supposed to finish on Tuesday just gone - I can't confirm if they have or not.

ASharpe

Thanks Deerfold.

I'll be passing through Bradford on Sunday so I'll get to see how the filling in of that side of the hole has been coming along.

83G/84D

Established Member
Thanks Deerfold.

I'll be passing through Bradford on Sunday so I'll get to see how the filling in of that side of the hole has been coming along.

Some might say that all of Bradford is a "......hole", I couldn't possibly comment. ;)

neilmc

Even in 1977, when Bradford Interchange was a most impressive new development, half of Bradford's Metro bus services didn't actually use it. Funnily enough, it tended to be the half most served by old half-cabs many of which were still in their blue Bradford livery, whilst the Interchange was awash with brand-new Metro-Scanias gleaming for the photographers.

ac6000cw

Established Member
Even in 1977, when Bradford Interchange was a most impressive new development, half of Bradford's Metro bus services didn't actually use it. Funnily enough, it tended to be the half most served by old half-cabs many of which were still in their blue Bradford livery, whilst the Interchange was awash with brand-new Metro-Scanias gleaming for the photographers.

Yes, I was student in Bradford from 1976 - 1980, and even then the Interchange (while an impressive structure) had the feel of a solution looking for a problem, as it isn't really in the city centre. The original Bradford Exchange station it replaced was actually closer to the city centre (and to Forster Square). It also means that departing trains have to start the climb towards Mill Lane Junction and beyond right from the platform end.

While Bradford has long had it's problems, at least it has lots of character - I choose to go to university there partly because it felt like the right place to be, a 'real' city on a human scale (and I never regretted the decision). Pity about Brown Muff becoming another Rackhams though....

Status
Not open for further replies.