• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where to find railway jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCW

Just wondering...

I have a full time job now, but temp agency work.... and I'm working in a bank and it is physically doing my head in for a variety of reasons and I need out ASAP before I lose it with someone in there.

I keep looking but probably not in the right place. I wouldn't mind working in the Bus company area either but it is difficult to come across sites with just transport jobs?

what do you people use to find railway/transport jobs?

cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
For jobs on the railway your best bet is generally the TOC/FOC websites themselves and also Network Rails website - they have the majority of the jobs on there.

For contractor work then places like rtmjobs and things like that will have a nice spread of jobs on their own pages.

I have no ideas about buses but i should imagine that the bus companies would have them on their websites too. All depends what you actually want to do within the transport agency really - saying anything is not really going to get you pointed in the right direction for your skills BUT if you already work in a bank then im thinking something along the lines of a booking office clerk would be suitable.

I hired one a while back and she has gone on to become a supervisor in a short space of time because she could grasp things a bit easier then some of my new starters have.

MCW

thanks guys :)

at the moment it is relegated to clerical or office work, however when my driving license has been sorted out and I have a full one, then bus driver is next on the list ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm taking a dive and applying for senior conductor for cross country now :)

MCW

well Its been nearly three weeks since the dealine for that CC job so I aint got and interview....

and i'm no unemployed an all... great lol

Status
Not open for further replies.