• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where to go in North Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWalrus

Established Member
Hi

I'm hoping to go somewhere in North Wales at some point. From a point of view of stations and nice places to go, where would everyone recommend?

Cheers

Ryan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
:D If you are going for just a day, a circular trip which includes the Ffestiniog narrow gauge railway should be worthwhile (if the weather's good!)

The "Ffestiniog Round Robin" ticket allows a one day circular trip around North Wales, including one-way travel on the Ffestiniog railway. See map (below).

Cost is £26.00 from all stations inside the area Crewe, Chester, Shrewsbury, Aberystwyth, Pwllheli, Holyhead

£31.00 from Manchester/Birmingham/Liverpool and intermediate stations to Crewe, Chester, Shrewsbury.

Ffestiniog%20Circular.jpg

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
That is a great day out! For longer, in terms of rail interest, I'd suggest somewhere along the North Wales coast. It's not so busy as it was, but you'll see Gerald the WAG express, Virgins to and from Holyhead/Bangor, and the local services. My own personal preference would be Llandudno or, even better for the trains Colwyn Bay. I;d also take trip down to Blaenau Ffestiniog, stopping off at Betws y Coed for some chips!

Status
Not open for further replies.