• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where was i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
somewhere near Paignton Queens Park
or those sidings outside Paignton main station
:)

devon_metro

Established Member
Corect, yep its 'those sidings outside Paignton' or as known normally goodrington Yard. Too easy eh? ;)

devon_metro

Established Member
Indeed, from what i can remember the SWT service from London Waterloo. Although not sure if this is operated by 159s now-possibly 158s

T

Tom

SWT own 2 158s and they run services to Bristol only.

159s are highly more likely. :)

devon_metro

Established Member
Ok! thanks for that, never realised how many services they operate in a day down to Paignton considering they run a large amount of services in the south. It has always baffled me why they are called SWT yet do not run many services past Exeter(i think :?)

Met Driver

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
It has always baffled me why they are called SWT yet do not run many services past Exeter(i think :?)

I guess they are trying to emphasise that they run services South-West of London, London being the centre of the universe. ;)

T

Tom

The main reason for the name of South West Trains is because it is the South West franchise of the third rail region.

Status
Not open for further replies.