• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where was this painting... painted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeholmes

Was in Reading today and I came across this painting by a student at a market!!, does anyone have a clue where it was painted!!

Is quite large and only cost me £5.99 which is a bargin... (and look its FGW HST :P)

Any Ideas??

untitledgde.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Likely to have been painted at a school if it was painted by a student.........

T

Tom

It isn't the right colour, the headclusters are all wrong...

T

Tom

I can do a computer-based render model. :D. That's still Art, ya know. :)

joeholmes

lol... kinda irrelevent guys.... any ideas on what station??

please dont go slagging this sudents work off!!

Joe

devon_metro

Established Member
And i was backing the student up. I would like to see TCs version of a non-computer generated fGW HST :p

joeholmes

Bristol Temple Meads, thats where it is painted.

Kinda says on the back, lol

Joe

T

Tom

Prodesktop, lol... then I can annoy my teachers. :)

Or GMAX perhaps... :)

richa2002

Established Member
Why is everyone being so critical over this pic ? It's good to see younger people taking an interest in the railway even if it's just a small amount. So what if it doesn't have the right lights or it's the wrong shade :?

Guinness

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Prodesktop, lol... then I can annoy my teachers. :)

I'm starting to get the hang of Prodesktop although I haven't figured out away to stick Pictures on to the Model (I have textured it in the default materials, glass, wood etc.). :)

T

Tom

You want to make a decal. Get yer image, save one .bmp, save an inverted one and save another .bmp

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Richard Armstrong said:
Why is everyone being so critical over this pic ? It's good to see younger people taking an interest in the railway even if it's just a small amount. So what if it doesn't have the right lights or it's the wrong shade :?

Very true, it's actually a tough thing to draw or paint. I've tried. I believe heart-of-wessex and maybe Sprinter have seen my feeble attempts to draw in pen a HST. Quite simply my attempts are pathetic.

Big up the chap who painted that painting. Tough to tell where's it set at from looking at it, but is that at all important? Not a bad attempt at all really!

I too would like to see TC attempt the same thing by hand, not with the use of fancy computing software.

Status
Not open for further replies.