• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where Was This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
vep_2.jpg

I saw this in the avatar gallery (it is also David's avatar). I was wondering where it was taken. I thought it was at first Victoria but then noticed the SWT slammer beside it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

Didn't some SWT slams go over to Southern/South east or whatever the TOC at victoria is called

Dave A

Coxster said:
vep_2.jpg

I saw this in the avatar gallery (it is also David's avatar). I was wondering where it was taken. I thought it was at first Victoria but then noticed the SWT slammer beside it.

Yay me :mrgreen:

2 differnt slammers!! Must have been taken a while ago! Its probably a special or something going to somewhere its doesn't usually, like the Southern Belle did.

richa2002

Established Member
I remember seeing an SWT slammer at Ashford and it does look like Ashford.

ChrisM

Looks like a 4VEP at Guildford with the 1822 to London Bridge via Epsom & West Croydon back in December 2004 to me. ;) ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
ChrisM said:
Looks like a 4VEP at Guildford with the 1822 to London Bridge via Epsom & West Croydon back in December 2004 to me. ;) ;)
Yep. I can't believe that trip was almost a year ago!! :shock:

What a fantastic day that was! We did Waterloo-Pompey (CIG), Pompey-Farnham (CIG), Farnham-Southampton (377), Southampton-Brockenhurst (442), Brockenhurst-Lymington & return (CEP), Brockenhurst-Southampton (442), Southampton-Farnborough Main (CIG), walk to Farnborough North guided by Coxster, Farnborough-North-Guildford (165), Guildford-London Bridge (VEP). (and add York-London at the start and London-York at the end for me!)

It was a great day, sadly it'll never happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.