• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where's The Junction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIMBUS

Anyone know what has happened to Gareth McMurray's "The Junction" website (http://www.thejunction.org.uk), which seems to have disappeared in the last few days?

Rather than a holding page, navigating to it now just brings up a blue page (in the same blue that was the background of the site's pages).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just a blue screen for me on both Chrome and Internet Explorer

12CSVT

Established Member
I notice it hasn't been updated for several weeks, the 'unit status' page hasn't been updated since 5th March

DarloRich

Veteran Member
yet when i check at work this morning i have the blue screen of death on the front page! However a search for junction.org via google and a click onto the sub link of fleet list works!

very strange. Perhaps the site is being rebuilt

adc82140

Established Member
Evening,

Can't seem to get thejunction.org.uk to work. All I'm getting is the blue background. It's been like this a few days now.

Website problem their end or DNS problem at my end?

Cheers.

SprinterMan

Established Member
http://www.thejunction.org.uk/
Looks like this is the end. :( Well done to the owner for keeping it going as long as he did.

As a result of increasing demands on my time at work along with other aspects of the hobby (all 126 tonnes of it!) I've become

involved in over the past couple of years, and following a couple of weeks of deliberating over what to do,

I have taken the (difficult) decision to cease updating this website, and remove it from the web.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all who supported it over the past 10+ years.

Adam

Last edited:

D6975

Established Member
Damn.

I used this site to get all my unit info.
Shame it's gone.
Many thanks to Gareth McMurray for providing such a useful site for so long.

Anyone else fancy taking up the baton??
Anyone know of a similar site? The only other one I've been able to find so far only lists set numbers, which is no use to me, I want the full formation info.

Status
Not open for further replies.