• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which app/website sells all ticket types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[.n]

I like the crosscountry app (have it on my kindle and windows phone) but it won't sell me a ticket I want, neither will the XC, NR/SWT web sites.

Any suggestions? (need to be able to collect from an SWT TVM or show ticket on the app)

I'm after an Anytime Day Return from Bridport Bus31 (J471) to Moreton (MTN) - bonus points if I can use a 16-25 railcard too.

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trivran

Why not buy from a ticket office?

Otherwise I've not yet found a website that will sell the more unusual tickets, like that one.

[.n]

Why not buy from a ticket office?

Otherwise I've not yet found a website that will sell the more unusual tickets, like that one.

Because I generally don't know I need the ticket for the next day until I am am on the train travelling home. My station closes really early so I can't buy it on arrival.

Romilly

Established Member
A couple of online journey-planners, e.g. GWR and Transpennine Express, do have Bridport in their drop-down menus of stations, but neither seems to have any fares loaded for tickets to/from Bridport.

And although most, if not all, of the fares to/from Bridport that are listed on brfares.com are stated to be set by South West Trains, Bridport does not appear to be an option on the SWT online journey-planner.

[.n]

A couple of online journey-planners, e.g. GWR and Transpennine Express, do have Bridport in their drop-down menus of stations, but neither seems to have any fares loaded for tickets to/from Bridport.

And although most, if not all, of the fares to/from Bridport that are listed on brfares.com are stated to be set by South West Trains, Bridport does not appear to be an option on the SWT online journey-planner.

It is a little annoying that I can't buy it from an SWT or XC site/app (or indeed the First bus app) for a journey that is using that ticket.

I wonder if this means I wouldn't never be able to be PF as there's no way for me to buy my ticket at the start of my journey (including online). I might ask an RPI next time I see them.

(I do buy this ticket, usually on the train the night before, its just that I quite often don't end up needing it so a waste of money). Would be so much handier if I could just get it as a season ticket.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Might it just be that the bus times are not currently loaded into the timetable data supplied to booking engines? http://www.brtimes.com/#!board?stn=BPO&date=20160507

The last day they were there seems to have been 1st May: http://www.brtimes.com/#!board?stn=BPO&date=20160501

Status
Not open for further replies.