• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which Internet Browser do you use?

• Netscape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opera

• MS Internet Explorer

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Hi all.

Its that time of the month where I update my website again. But since changing to Firefox, I've noticed some things don't look the same as in IE, which the website was desinged for. So I put it to you:

1. Mozilla Firefox
2. Netscape Navigator
3. Opera
4. Microsoft Internet Explorer
5. Other

I will try and design my website for the browser with the most votes.

Cheers

David :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S. I am generally interested in which browsers people use as well so discussion is nice, but please no arguing :P

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
What problems are you having with Firefox? Most things should work, the exceptions usually being Microsoft products designed specifically to work in IE.

In my experience I've found that it's usually IE that doesn't display things properly - like CSS which isn't supported properly :roll:

I mostly use Firefox BTW.

Dave A

Its more to do with the display but no probs really. I'm have a few ideas which don't work as well/at all in Firefox.

tramboy

Firefox is what i use...and i find it displays every website as it is supposed to look, whereas IE gets it wrong half of the time.

There are some sites that won't support anything but ie (odeon.co.uk) but on the whole i prefer firefox.

Cheers

Dave

jd

There are several websites which aren't Firefoxed, Odeon is one, and Yahoo games also don't work in Firefox. There was an article in a mag I read about this, I'll try to fish it out, there are loads more sites they pointed out which don't work with Firefox. Very poor, considering Firefox is now the World's second most popular browser.

Guinness

Established Member
jdan said:
There are several websites which aren't Firefoxed, Odeon is one, and Yahoo games also don't work in Firefox. There was an article in a mag I read about this, I'll try to fish it out, there are loads more sites they pointed out which don't work with Firefox. Very poor, considering Firefox is now the World's second most popular browser.

I use an add on to Firefox where if I right click the page there is an option to view the page in IE. That's one way to solve it.

There was a similar article on the BBC.

Tom B

Established Member
Sadly the brainwashed majority continue to use Internet Exploder. Sites not working on Fx are due to sloppy coding which IE lets through, but Firefox (which follows *standards*, where IE doesn't) won't interpret.

T

Tom

I use Firefox, but I have to use IE a lot due to 'clerical' errors in coding. :|

The Snap

Established Member
I use AOL 9.0 Broadband. It's pretty good, but it wont load some things sometimes.

Guinness

Established Member
It seems that people on this forum have sense to use a better browser - Firefox of course! :P

rbruce1314

Firefox will not run Epson Web-to-page printing. And that's the official answer from Firefox themselves (but they ARE looking into it!) :)

joeholmes

I have converted today,

I have changed from Using IE to Firefox.... Best move ive made in a while....

Its fab and highly recommendable :)

Joe

Dave A

joeholmes said:
I have converted today,

I have changed from Using IE to Firefox.... Best move ive made in a while....

Its fab and highly recommendable :)

Joe

My work here is done :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glad to hear it. Maybe more people will now.

Remember: USE FIREFOX. Because your worth it :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Darren

When on Windows I use Firefox, or when on Linux either Firefox or Konquerer

Thats my mission of the year: To be using Linux totally by the day Windows NewVerWhateverItsGonnaBeCalled is out in 2006

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I use firefox under windoze xp and konqueror under linux. both very good!

Darren said:
Thats my mission of the year: To be using Linux totally by the day Windows NewVerWhateverItsGonnaBeCalled is out in 2006

wish I could go dependant on linux lol! it's just so hard to get away from windoze as everyone uses it.

T

Tom

I usually use Linux now, far better (however, I've used Windows a lot more due to MSTS, I need to get WINE working!!)

T

Tom

CentOS (free RHEL :lol:) or Debian or Mandrivia, depends what mood I'm in! :D

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
hehe! haven't tried any of those, I went off linux a bit when suse refused to boot on my pc after install lol

Tom B

Established Member
Can you linux gurus reccomend a particular flavour? I'd like to give linux a try as an alternative to Bindoze...

T

Tom

CentOS is rather good, if you want something highly similar to Windows, use Linspire, it's not free but it is rather good!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Linspire is good for its similiarity to windoze however I find it extremely slow to load up. To start I would recommend a slax live cd! I started there and still use it today. It basically eases you into linux not dropping you in the deep end however still has advanced linux features. where would we be without our konsole?

If you go down your local WHSmiths the main linux magazines tend to have free live cd's (doesn't require installation) and full version cd's for installation to a hard drive.

beware if your using an NTFS hard drive, linux reads NTFS but afaik you cannot write to an NTFS partition.

KevinR

I've used FireFox sionce it was released, and I can safely say it's better than IE.

T

Tom

HSTfan, unfortunately, live CDs are quite slow!!

I suggest ubuntu if you want a good live CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.