• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which is best? Wensley, FrostedOrange and JayBee60163 want your opinion!

Which set of photos is the best

• Set A

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Set B

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Set C

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wensley

Established Member
Hi,

We all know each other away from the forum and met up for a day or two at the NYMR gala, taking plenty of photos in the process. However, we decided we would like a separate opinion on who had the best shots. Below please find three sets of images, A, B and C. We would be grateful if you could pick your favourite and vote in the attached poll.

We also welcome feedback on the images and welcome you to rip them to shreds.

For anyone with a good eye the shots were all take on full manual with a Cannon 60D, Cannon 500D and a Fuji HS10. Which is which?!

We look forward to hearing your comments and seeing who is the winner,
Jonathon, Jack and Nic

* Please note the random white line is a mistake that was made on photoshop when merging the images! Sorry

Attachments

• SETA.jpg
    SETA.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 71
  • SETB.jpg
    SETB.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 68
  • SETC.jpg
    SETC.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
They all look exactly the same to me! But I think I'll go for Set A.

wensley

Established Member
Just to clarify...the photos are meant to look the same apart from the lighting in a few of them and the composition varies slightly. Different cameras, different styles, subtly different settings.

Ta all for votes so far!

curly42

Set B ruled out totally - too much saturation.
The shot of the Deltic I would go for set A,mainly because I feel it's better positioned.
The 2 class 20s,set C.
The 31 + 37,set C.
Overall I feel that set C is the more satisfying in terms of colour balance/exposure and placement of subject,although the Deltic shot is cropped too close to the edge for my tastes.The colours in set A are,I feel,a little too bland.

wensley

Established Member
Thanks to all for the votes and comments!
I've won it with the HS10, JayBee60163 is second and FrostedOrange a very close third.
Thanks again :)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Interesting; from the comments being posted I was beginning to think I was the only one who had voted for set B... :)

YorkshireBear

Established Member
SET A for me, the position of the trains in the photograph seemed very good. HAving the front of a train in the centre ruins it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.