• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which Photo Shall I Choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_Reeves

Established Member
Hi everyone,

For Christmas I was looking at getting my Grandad a photo of an IET when we visited Reading recently, but I'm undecided between these two photos... I like the first one because it shows the 800 in its full form and is generally a nice photo to look at, but the second one is also good because it has the HST in too, so is a mixture of the old and new...

I might end up getting both printed, but which do you think I should choose?

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 11.14.03.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
They are both good, but for me I think the second shot would be my choice simply because it illustrates both the outgoing trains and their incoming replacements side by side, a sight that will probably soon never be seen again at places such as Reading etc.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Definitely the second one; I agree with both comments above.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It really depends on what you want - do you want just the IET or the mixture of old and new? I'd get them both done personally.

E_Reeves

Established Member
It really depends on what you want - do you want just the IET or the mixture of old and new? I'd get them both done personally.
Yeah, I'll give him which ever looks best in the frame, and I'll keep the other for myself I think. I think he'd much more prefer the one with the HST...

Status
Not open for further replies.