• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which pubs should have a microstation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the pub - yards from the tracks, miles from a station.
I'll start with 'Chester Telford's Halt'.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mikey C

Established Member
They need to reopen City Road station to make it easier/lazier to get to The Wenlock Arms :E

CarltonA

Don't bother with the Verney Arms.

Station Closed, Line Closed, Pub Closed. Line to reopen, but not the station or boozer.

Flying Claret

I appreciate this is a bit niche; but 'The Staff of Life' inbetween Todmorden and Burnley. Cracking little pub located directly adjacent to the Copy Pit line.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Don't bother with the Verney Arms.

Station Closed, Line Closed, Pub Closed. Line to reopen, but not the station or boozer.

Really - I wasn't aware that the station was going to close permanently.

When was the closure notice issued ?

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
The King's Arms, SE1 should have a lift to Waterloo East.

Similarly the Great Western at Wolverhampton and Platform 4. Along with any train I happen to be on that calls with Wolverhampton being diverted to said platform.

Meanwhile, my entry is the Mill at Worston (Little Bridgeford). The station could replace the one just down the line!

alangla

Glasgow City Union Line could basically be lined with them. There’s loads of pubs built into the viaducts from Gallowgate down to Eglinton Street. Would need to look at Google Maps to find them all & some are currently empty.

DelW

Established Member
Really - I wasn't aware that the station was going to close permanently.

When was the closure notice issued ?
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding something here, but presumably the closure notice was issued sometime before the station closed in, er, 1968.
There was still track down (at least until fairly recently) but I don't think a train had been down there for at least a couple of decades.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding something here, but presumably the closure notice was issued sometime before the station closed in, er, 1968.
There was still track down (at least until fairly recently) but I don't think a train had been down there for at least a couple of decades.

Ah, apologies. For some reason my brain read it as "Berney Arms" !

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member

Are you thinking of the Station in East Anglia? Berney Arms?

Enthusiast

They need to reopen City Road station to make it easier/lazier to get to The Wenlock Arms :E
Is the Wenlock still open? I thought it had closed. I used to work at the Angel, Islington (and co-incidentally I was educated there). A few of us would regularly take a wander along the Regent's Canal towpath for a couple of pints and a black pudding sandwich! A proper boozer, right down to the piano in the corner! I blame my education. The school's trustees were the Worshipful Company of Brewers. :lol:

Revaulx

Is the Wenlock still open? I thought it had closed. I used to work at the Angel, Islington (and co-incidentally I was educated there). A few of us would regularly take a wander along the Regent's Canal towpath for a couple of pints and a black pudding sandwich! A proper boozer, right down to the piano in the corner! I blame my education. The school's trustees were the Worshipful Company of Brewers. :lol:
Saved by a vociferous campaign. One of London’s best pubs.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The Allerford Inn, formerly the Victory Inn, near Allerford which is a tiny village between Taunton and Wellington. Right next to the Bristol to Exeter main line, at the crossing which takes its name from the Inn's old name.

FQTV

The Fox at Oddington. It could be a pleasant wander to a station, past willows, willow-herb, and grass, and meadowsweet, and haycocks dry.

Especially in late June.

xotGD

Established Member
The Kirkstall Bridge Inn.

Kirkstall Forge isn't exactly convenient for the pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.