• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which SR stock would have run this service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

In 1960, living in Staines but my granny was very sick in Battle Hospital, Reading. We went by train but all I remember about the journey was the arcing. I'm just curious about what stock I might have ridden on.
I've had a look at the 2-PEP and the 4-SUB etc.etc. but I wouldn't recognize the front anyway because my mum just wasn't the type to take the time to walk her little 5-year old sprog up to the front of the train

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I would have thought it would have been most likely a HAL or BIL in those days. I think the tried to keep the SUB's for the shorter suburban services.

steamybrian

Established Member
I would have thought it would have been most likely a HAL or BIL in those days. I think the tried to keep the SUB's for the shorter suburban services.

I agree that around 1960 the Waterloo-Reading services were worked by 2BIL and 2 HAL units.
Waterloo- Windsor/Weybridge services were also worked by 4EPB units.

Status
Not open for further replies.