• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which station can you see the train coming from furthest away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Lane

Yes I just literally got off the train 10 mins ago coming home from school and could see Little Sutton. Didn't check the Stanlow end though :(

I took this snap at Little Sutton on Saturday, looking towards Ellesmere Port.

This low-res version of the image doesn't really do it justice, but I could clearly see when the train departed Ellesmere Port and moved onto the correct running track.
IMG_7338.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

From Dent station you can see pretty much all of the way to Blea Moor Tunnel, a distance of just under 2 3/4 miles. Saw a voyager moving at Line speed down the S&C from The Tunnel to Dent nd it took it atleast 5-10 minutes at 60MPH

MKD

Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if it's been mentioned, but the view from Harlech station NNE is dead straight/flat for miles. As there's a level crossing at the S end of station you can Google Streetmap a hint of theline view.
MKD

Dunno if it's been mentioned already, but Tamworth low level is great - looking down the WCML you can see 'em coming for about a minute, looking up the WCML (on the other side of the upper level bridge) you have a nice curve.

WCML

Tamworth Low Level and Birchwood are great shouts.

Platform 5b is ok at Birmingham New Street, you can see quite a way up the tunnels towards the NIA and Soho Junction.

welshdragon

Hi

How about Ton Pentre? You can see the train up at Treherbert making its way up or down, with intermediate stops at Ynyswen and Treorchy too. Also, Cathays - you can see the train coming on to the straight up by the Tal Y Bont halls of residence from Llandaff.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
My brother used to work for NR in East Anglia, and he told me that you could see a train on the straight sections between Ely and Norwich for several miles (when its wasn't misty of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.