• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which train from Chester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm14

We're travelling from Chester to Holyhead for Dublin on a Saturday, so I have the choice of the 11:16 Virgin service (09:10 ex Euston) or the 11:24 Arriva Trains Wales service (09:10 ex Birmingham Int'l).

Which train would be better to travel on - my main concern is being able to get two (table if possible) seats. Would reservations be advisable?

On the outward journey (also a Saturday), we're on the 19:22 from Holyhead, I'm assuming there's little to no need to reserve a seat on this one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

absolutelymilk

Established Member
I would be shocked if there weren't plenty of seats on both of these services. Just because of the timing, the 11.24 might be better as those with an open ticket will probably travel on the 11.16.

Great_Western

Generally, it's better to take the Virgin service. Quite often the ATW services on that route get rather overcrowded on a Saturday all day.

Personally, I would book seats for both, if the voyager turns up uncomfortably full, get on the ATW service.

sw1ller

Established Member
With the amount of line fires, cancelled trains and utter chaos happening lately, I’d aim to get on the earliest train reasonable and take it from there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.