• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which year does this map come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aneta

Hi guys :) I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I've got a London Underground map jigsaw puzzle. I have already assembled it and it looks great. However, it was sold in a bag, without the box, and I have no clue what year it reflects. I assume the information would be on the box, but as I have none, I was thinking some aficionados might help me :) A pocket map which I have at home dates back to 2010, when I was in London, and I have compared the jigsaw with it. The main difference is the Emirates Air Line. It was opened in 2012, so the jigsaw map must be at least 7 years old (it may as well be pretty up-to-date). But I'm a laywoman, so I can't do more in-depth research. Could you please help me? :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Karl

On Moderation
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't help you with a date but it's great to see an unboxed jigsaw with all its pieces present! A nice one too.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
The lack of the West Anglia Overground dates it to before May 2015.

Unfortunately it can be quite hard to put a specific time frame on maps such as this because they omit a lot of the nuanced detail that hints at possible dates. They are designed for longevity rather than a here-and-now travel tool.

Aneta

The lack of the West Anglia Overground dates it to before May 2015.

Unfortunately it can be quite hard to put a specific time frame on maps such as this because they omit a lot of the nuanced detail that hints at possible dates. They are designed for longevity rather than a here-and-now travel tool.

Thanks a lot! The time bracket is June 2012 - April 2015 then.

I'll take a look at the maps and choose one for a handmade box to keep the puzzle in, it feels improper that it is unboxed, given that map puzzles have a special place in my heart :)

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
When did the Chesham to Chalfont shuttle cease?

A Challenge

Established Member
The other things I can think of that might date it is the East London Line to Clapham Junction - which opened in December 2012, so that takes another 6 months off the time it could be, so it must be between December 2012 and April 2015 - though how we can get it down to shorter than that I don't know!

pdeaves

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.