• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whine or buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Metronet have said recently that three contractors are in the starting gate for the new SSL stock on the underground. Hitachi is one of them I beleive. Let's hope that Hitachi is chosen after the non performance of Alsthom and Bombardier elsewhere. At least Hitachi offer a whole train concept from body shell right down to doors engines which I would have thought would be better than different companies supplying different parts for different purposes.

It remains to be seen what happens but I hope the new trains have articulation and monomotor bogies with hyphoid gear drive and plug type doors. Air-con will probably be standard too. Thyristors will obviously be in the mix as well and I hope the same type of suspension as is fitted to 315's. Whilst now old and regarded as crappy the ride of 315's is like drifting about on a cloud. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.