• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whistling Winnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

16CSVT2700

Established Member
GT3! The gas turbine loco that looked like a steam engine! Don't know much about it but I have a book somewhere..

Coxster

Established Member
Dad was born in 1952 so not quite. I have seen pictures of it running in 1963 but he would still have only been 11...

Established Member
hexflyer said:
funny you should say that! someone has built one and it is fitted with a gas turbine engine!! saw it at a model engineer show

Nice the other thing i wouldnt mind a model opf is leader the southern turf burner, someone has built one of those as my mate has seen it!

H

HR2

hexflyer said:
seen the working model of the leader a few years back now, incidently the original didn't run of 'turf' but good ole fashioned coal ;o)

and the poor bloody fireman used to get off looking like a leg of roast pork!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Coxster said:
Dad was born in 1952 so not quite. I have seen pictures of it running in 1963 but he would still have only been 11...
I can remember seeing trains from when I was 3 let alone 11 ;)

Established Member
hexflyer said:
seen the working model of the leader a few years back now, incidently the original didn't run of 'turf' but good ole fashioned coal ;o)
i coudlnt rememebr, i knew he built some turf burners in ireland!

Status
Not open for further replies.