• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

white Platforms..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Hi all, need some advice please!

I noticed that Steam updated Train Sim 2012 yesterday, but on playing the Portsmouth Line I noticed all the platforms seem to be bright white, as does the track....seems okay on other routes...Any ideas? thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Ah so I'm not the only one thinking I've gone mad! I have white scenery on tracks and platform too but bizarrely other landscape scenery seems to be green or as it was before.

There is also a yellow box saying "missing textures" that is sometimes visible when you use different views when driving on the PDL.

However...not sure if it is just me, but when driving 450's the acceleration is now much faster than before even up to 90mph, great you might think, however the breaking is now very weak. There must be some sort of error with the update as even on 100% emergency breaking it takes about 60 seconds to come to a stand, usually I started breaking when 0.5km from a station at about 30-40% however this is impossible now, needing to break at 83% over 1km before the station! :o

Is there any way to reverse this? I much prefered how the PDL was before? I have tried clearing "blueprint cache" however this option is greyed out and even followed Railworks instructions to "verify" all files and no error was found!

Stigy

Established Member
Ah so I'm not the only one thinking I've gone mad! I have white scenery on tracks and platform too but bizarrely other landscape scenery seems to be green or as it was before.

There is also a yellow box saying "missing textures" that is sometimes visible when you use different views when driving on the PDL.

However...not sure if it is just me, but when driving 450's the acceleration is now much faster than before even up to 90mph, great you might think, however the breaking is now very weak. There must be some sort of error with the update as even on 100% emergency breaking it takes about 60 seconds to come to a stand, usually I started breaking when 0.5km from a station at about 30-40% however this is impossible now, needing to break at 83% over 1km before the station! :o

Is there any way to reverse this? I much prefered how the PDL was before? I have tried clearing "blueprint cache" however this option is greyed out and even followed Railworks instructions to "verify" all files and no error was found!
I'm getting the same problem with the braking now too....Thought I was imagining things before, but since you mentioned it, it's deffinitely much weaker!

The game seems to run a bit faster now though, which is good.....Or so I thought until I had to sacrifice the textures! My laptop's not the most powerful anyway, so when there was no lag, I was really pleased!

Harbon 1

I'm no expert on this, or noticed it on this route, but the platfors on my own free roam on another route are white, but in spring, because of the brightness of the sun I'm guessing, but I don't know how white your platforms are, whether completely white, or very bright

Last edited:
This problem is common and well documented over at UKTrainSim forums. I am also affected by this 'whiteout' issue. This problem has been sent to RSC, so they should be looking into it.

As far as we can tell, the problem only affects people running TS2012 with TSX mode turned off. It also only affects the scenario's set using the Summer season.
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?p=1554425#p1554425

The workaround for this issue, is to edit the affected scenarios and change the Summer season to something else.

Stigy

Established Member
This problem is common and well documented over at UKTrainSim forums. I am also affected by this 'whiteout' issue. This problem has been sent to RSC, so they should be looking into it.

As far as we can tell, the problem only affects people running TS2012 with TSX mode turned off. It also only affects the scenario's set using the Summer season.
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?p=1554425#p1554425

The workaround for this issue, is to edit the affected scenarios and change the Summer season to something else.
Thanks for the info. The problem with my version seems to be in all weather conditions and in all seasons on the pack, free roam and scenario modes. I hope it's easily sorted! I am running with TSX off.

Crossover

Established Member
I haven't encountered any white out problems yet, but see the point about the 450. Absolute pleasure to actually get some speed out of the thing again, but have they rebuilt it with paper brakes? :shock:

RSC did release a fix for the whiteout issue. Anyone still having issues are advised to 1) Verify the integrity of the game cache, 2) clear the blueprint cache. Then try running a scenario.

The brakes do seem a little weak on the 450, but it isn't really a problem - you just have to start braking a little earlier. I find that I can actually complete scenarios with a green tick now.

Stigy

Established Member
Sorted the Whiteout issue, thanks for the advice!

Clearing the game cache didn't really help, but the blueprint thing did!

The brakes are still the same though, which is an annoyance!

Urban Gateline

Established Member
I can't hear the Bell codes anymore either, it seems it has been disabled for some reason, so if you press the bell icon when driving a 450 then nothing happens, a real shame as it was more realistic before.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I personally think the brakes are more realistic (not that I have ever driven a 450), trains tend not stop on a dime in the real world.

Last edited:

Crossover

Established Member
I noticed the bell thing before reading the above - though it is a minor irritation, really.

The brakes could actually be realistic, but I'm are they would stop quicker normally. The question would be (which I should try) whether they can stop in the necessary distance for emergencies. They just feel so rubbish though!

Can anyone remember if the 450 had interlock before? I can release the brakes at any time now.

I was also on a scenario today (first one for over a month) and one of the AI trains left with all the doors open :shock: - I will try post screenshots later!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I personally think the brakes are more realistic (not that I have ever driven a 450), trains tend don't stop on a dime in the real world.

I was thinking that. I always thought that the 450 braked too hard and didn't have enough acceleration. Now though the acceleration feels about perfect and breaking pretty good as well.

Just my opinion though nothing to back it up!

jon91

I thought the same as Ainsworth74 until I was hurtling towards Guildford at full linespeed and realised that braking from where I usually do wasn't having much effect.

It took braking at full service to get me down to around 30 mph at the beginning of the platform. According to someone on UKTS, there's the option of changing one value in the simulation file of the 450 to get it back to roughly prototypical braking rate.

It's a shame they got rid of, or more likely forgot about, the guard-driver buzzer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.