• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

White Rose/Regional 373s

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramboy

Hi all...

...does anyone know anything about the rumour that i heard of these heading back to Eurostar at the end of the year? Or is it just that, or rumour?

Regards

Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

they are too costly, plus its a pain in the backside that they need to go to north pole to be serviced.

Tom B

Established Member
Very sad... they were always excellent crowd-soakers, I've never failed to get a seat on one.

tramboy

Must make an effort to go travel on one again then...was impressed by my trip from Newark to Donny on one on Monday.

So, once again, they'll go back into store and not be used...such a waste of good trains.

Dave

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well so is storing HSTs...

Eurostar might find use for the ex-GNER 373s anyway!

I rode a GNER 373 from Leeds to Wakefield Westgate a few months ago, suffice to say I was impressed.

evil_hippo

373s aren't so special for me, as half the trains from Leeds to London are them. I do like them a lot though, but HSTs are better.

tramboy

I would debate that on a few points! But yes, HSTs are good trains, being diesel and comfy, but 373s are good for the novelty value, and also the "impressively long train" value! The ride on them is also quieter, and slightly less bumpy than a HST due to the articulations (in my opinion!)

However, i will be as sorry to see them go to store again as i will be happy to see a few more HSTs out and about!

Regards

Dave

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
And that's exactly why I come to london on 3-9-2005 till 7-9-2005.

To say farewell to the GNER Eurostar. :cry: :cry:

Further on mi list are:

Class 66 (does anyone know where I can spot it in/around London)
Class 43 (if they still operate from St. Pancrans)
Class 91 GNER
Class 373 Eurostar (at Vauxhall)
Class 373 GNER at Harringay and Finsburry Park.

Underground stations (with use of TFL photo permit)
Westminster JLE
Southwark
Waterloo JLE
Canary Wharf

And some other things I have listed....

BUT....

I need your Advice,

Becouse I don't live near London, and don't know where surtain trains operate, I could usee all the help I can get.

So if you know something please let me know. And If you know where I can find a good Modell railway shop in the london area please contact me aswell, couse I want to make a little modell railway using English trains, scenary and signalling.

Thank you for your time, and I will post some nice London Oictures over 2 weeks.

tramboy

43s are still running out of St. Pancras...albeit the new glass station (not the old trainshed you might have seen before).

The rest are fairly easy to catch...even walk next door to Kings Cross and you'll see some of those on your list!

Regards

Dave

Met Driver

Established Member
Holland on Rail said:
And If you know where I can find a good Modell railway shop in the london area please contact me aswell, couse I want to make a little modell railway using English trains, scenary and signalling.

When I was into all that stuff, I used to go to Modelzone, as they're very well stocked on most things.

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/stores.html

The London store is very close to Holborn tube.

Simming

No, Modelzone is one of the dearest out there.

The best model shops are usually found out of town, where you can get variety and at a decent price. Modelzone are know for charging over the RRP, because they are there for the joe public to buy little timmy a toy train set.

I recomend that you buy a copie of Railways Modeller. Its has a few good articles, but its best and strongest point is it advertises for loads of Model shops, so you may find a beter one that Modelzone.

tramboy

If you're interested in buying by internet and having models posted to you, personally i recommend Hattons of Liverpool (whose website is http://www.ehattons.com). They've given me excellent service for the models i've bought from them.

Regards

Dave

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well I won't be mourning the loss of 373s on the ECML too much, indeed I'm looking forward to getting more HSTs on it!

Where will GNER be getting its HSTs from?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
:cry: bye bye 373's :cry: but I love 373's..... :cry: oh well I just hope Eurostar have a good use for them! I still have yet to ride a 373 :o

tramboy

I assume the HSTs will come from those stored from ex VXC/WCML work?

Dave

Guinness

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Well I won't be mourning the loss of 373s on the ECML too much, indeed I'm looking forward to getting more HSTs on it!

Where will GNER be getting its HSTs from?

Once MML replace theres with 222001 - 222007

the 373s will be refurbished and used on the CTRL when completed. I wont miss them, they make me ill, not to mention the have a weird smell in them.

Nick

Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
the 373s will be refurbished and used on the CTRL when completed. I wont miss them, they make me ill, not to mention the have a weird smell in them.

And buzz like mad.

tramboy

Nick said:
And Buzz like mad

How exactly do they buzz? I thought the ride i had on one was very smooth and comfortable, with less noise inside the coach than in a normal Mk4 set.

Regards

Dave

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Still only been on a 373 on the Eurostar (with CTRL section 1). We went in 1st class thanks to a good offer from the Evening Substandard :D. Never had the chance to ride one on the ECML. I knew that they were getting rid of them, but didnt they just fork out a bit of money to get the platforms at Leeds extended to leave them there between service? Seems like a waste to me.

evil_hippo

They do buzz actually.

What I don't like about them is if I want to have a meal on board one I have to insist on getting a table because ariline seats in FC have normal flip down tables that are too slanty to eat off.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
Me thinks I'll have to get a ride on a Eurostar soon.

me too!!! :D :D it's my ambition to drive them so it would be a big thing for me as was sitting in the drivers seat at Railfest last year - how I want to do that again!

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
Simming said:
they are too costly, plus its a pain in the backside that they need to go to north pole to be serviced.

So what do they do opposite Old Oak Common?
they sit there and get serviced

Status
Not open for further replies.