• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whitechapel - Gatwick Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarq

According to the single fare finder Whitechapel to Gatwick Airport, the “default route” is £8.50 offpeak.

If I tap in at 15:59 and tap out thereafter, would I be charged the offpeak fare?

Where should I change when travelling from Whitechapel to Gatwick in order to get the default fare?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
According to the single fare finder Whitechapel to Gatwick Airport, the “default route” is £8.50 offpeak.

If I tap in at 15:59 and tap out thereafter, would I be charged the offpeak fare?
Yes
Where should I change when travelling from Whitechapel to Gatwick in order to get the default fare?
Change at New Cross/ New Cross Gate and again at London Bridge, or change at Norwood Jn/East Croydon.

e.g.
1601 Whitechapel
1633 Norwood Jn

1639 Norwood Jn
1643 East Croydon

1649 East Croydon
1705 Gatwick Airport

If you miss the 1601, it's quicker to go via London Bridge.

Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
Does the same fare apply using the District Line and changing at Blackfriars or Victoria?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does the same fare apply using the District Line and changing at Blackfriars or Victoria?
If you interchange between LU/NR at Blackfriars, Victoria etc you will be charged the higher mixed mode fare.

The £8.50 fare is NR only.

You'd need to change at Farringdon rather than Victoria or Blackfriars to get the default fare, as there are no barriers between tube & National Rail platforms at Farringdon.

Status
Not open for further replies.