• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who owns Plusbus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
On a similar note what does 'NIW' stand for?

Something Wightlink I assume as 'NIW apparently set the fare from Lymington Pier to Yarmouth IOW.

Nevermind just worked it out as the TOC code for 'Island Line' which seems slightly strange as it is the only rail-ferry fare they set but Yarmouth is the other side of the island to the railway.

wibble

On a similar note what does 'NIW' stand for?

Something Wightlink I assume as 'NIW apparently set the fare from Lymington Pier to Yarmouth IOW.

Nevermind just worked it out as the TOC code for 'Island Line' which seems slightly strange as it is the only rail-ferry fare they set but Yarmouth is the other side of the island to the railway.

I think it goes back to Network SouthEast days - NIW refers to Network (SouthEast) Island Line. SWT acts as 'sponsor' for the cross-Solent links (Red Funnel, Wightlink and Hovertravel) and they are responsible for maintaining those fares and timetable in the fares system.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As for who DBA are, I'm clueless!

I belive that DBA owned fares are managed by ATOC on behalf of Journey Solutions.

wintonian

Established Member
I think it goes back to Network SouthEast days - NIW refers to Network (SouthEast) Island Line. SWT acts as 'sponsor' for the cross-Solent links (Red Funnel, Wightlink and Hovertravel) and they are responsible for maintaining those fares and timetable in the fares system.

I would imagine so, just a bit odd that only LYP - YMH is listed as being set buy NIW and all the other port to port ones are listed as SWT.

Status
Not open for further replies.