• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who runs/owns King’s Cross Thameslink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveECRewards

It’s been over a week since I was going through King’s Cross Thameslink (which is now just an alternative exit for the tube). The escalator was still out of order, what seemed odd was there was a message urging people to complain to Network Rail about it. This was on one of the Tube info boards - so are they still responsible for this station?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thebaz

Hazarding a guess (for it is just that), just because the station is no longer open doesn't mean that NR can suddenly divest themselves of responsibilities relating to it, so I suspect the answer is 'yes'. Although I await correction.

Supercoss

Kings Cross Thameslink is managed by TFL and is an exit only now Monday to Friday onto Pentonville Road, the station platforms remain with Network Rail and form an emergency evacuation point if required. The whole lot is due to be built over soon including the current station footprint and new 'raft' built over platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.