• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who scrapped the Bank Holiday's for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
This is a crazy situation for me, I know, but I don't get Bank Holidays off any more with this job :confused:

My Easter break is well and truly messed up now. If there is a Bank Holiday, the rounds get put back a day. Below is what I'm working over Easter.

Monday 10th to Thursday 13th - Working as Normal
Friday 14th - Bank Holiday (round put back 1 day)
Saturday 15th - Collecting Friday's round :(
Sunday 16th - Day off (normal)
Monday 17th - Bank Holiday (all rounds for the week put back 1 day)
Tuesday 18th to Saturday 22nd - Working

It's the same for all the Bank Holidays (not sure about Christmas and New year though). Why does the Government designate Bank Holidays, when people don't get them?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
i'm sure some else will gladly tell you what my job is, but I'll say it's rubbish! Literallly!

Tom B

Established Member
It depends on the employer, the job and more. People generally expect the binmen to come every week, holiday or not - rubbish doesn't stop being produced because it's a holiday! - though they should of course get an extra day off if they have to work over the holiday.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Then again, the binmen round here got loads of time off at Christmas. The number of collections was mad considering in theory more rubbish is being produced over the holidays.

round here our binmen wont even take rubbish left bye the bins, and in some cases refuse to touch the wheelies if there lids are not fully closed .
and to think we pay the earth for the service grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.