• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who to contact for engineering/maintenance works in the Grimsby area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiT™

Afternoon all.

We have seen over the last 3 days, 4 tracks worth of trees be torn down from West Marsh Sidings, Grimsby. There's another 5-6 tracks worth still completely overgrown.

I have spoken to Network Rail to no avail, is there any other route to take to find out any plans for the sidings/area? The old 1880/1890's river bridge there is still the original and there's been talk of it being replaced - but nothing confirmed.

Thanks all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joshua483

On Moderation
Afternoon all.

We have seen over the last 3 days, 4 tracks worth of trees be torn down from West Marsh Sidings, Grimsby. There's another 5-6 tracks worth still completely overgrown.

I have spoken to Network Rail to no avail, is there any other route to take to find out any plans for the sidings/area? The old 1880/1890's river bridge there is still the original and there's been talk of it being replaced - but nothing confirmed.

Thanks all.
Try a freedom of information request.

bluenoxid

Established Member
Is this the bridge(s) over the River Freshney?

Last edited:

GiT™

Hi guys. I asked Network Rail, and they were prompt and exact in their response...

Thank you for contacting us about the vegetation that has been removed from the sidings near your home.

I can conform that this area of land is owned by the freight operating company DB Cargo rather than Network Rail. DB Cargo no longer require the sidings so the vegetation work has been undertaken to enable the track to be removed and the area restored. Should you want any further information about this please contact DB Cargo directly on [email protected] .

I hope you find this information useful.

Kind regards

Alexis Stevens

So, the once 11 track wide sidings is being dropped to just the 2 (Or possibly even 1) track.

GiT™

PXL_20201206_152414005.jpg
That was back in January 2021...

This was 2 days ago...
PXL_20210923_095524753.jpg
Some serious land being freed up.

GiT™

HOUSES ! that is what springs to mind......followed by complaints from the new residents !

Certainly space, but there wold need to be a new level crossing in - or river bridges to get to it. There needs to be a sale of the land first too - DeuscheBahn (DB CARGO) currently own the land and the 2 tracks are still functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.