• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whom have you met from RUK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Before I start: Mods, if this falls foul of the recent General Discussion thread requirements, you know where the Delete button is! :p

We haven't had one of these for quite some time (this is the most recent I can find because obviously I overlooked the obvious - sorry 90019), so I thought it might be interesting to go again. Inspired by the presence of yet another Famous People on Trains thread, and with consideration given to the fact that these threads often end up discussing forum characters (like this post), whom have you met from this forum?

I am sorry to say that if I attempted to create such a list I would invariably forget people. Not including the staff I wonder if I have the highest number of us all! Instead, I shall attempt to list those I have met at least three times:

bb21, Matt, Max, Mike395, Mojo, yorkie, Adham, JoeGJ1984, MattE2010, MikeWh, SickyNicky, sonic2009, Temple Meads, wintonian, and two people who shouldn't be mentioned for one reason or another.

I think that's right for three or more, but probably not :lol: This list will almost certainly be longer - possibly twice as long - in two weeks' time. I might try a more comprehensive list in the not-too-distant future.

Anyway, enough of me, what about the rest of you? :p

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Non of you. I hope it stays that way too until maybe I change me job yet again

Smelly_Diesel

Before I start: Mods, if this falls foul of the recent General Discussion thread requirements, you know where the Delete button is! :p

We haven't had one of these for quite some time (this is the most recent I can find), so I thought it might be interesting to go again. Inspired by the presence of yet another Famous People on Trains thread, and with consideration given to the fact that these threads often end up discussing forum characters (like this post), whom have you met from this forum?

I am sorry to say that if I attempted to create such a list I would invariably forget people. Not including the staff I wonder if I have the highest number of us all! Instead, I shall attempt to list those I have met at least three times:

bb21, Matt, Max, Mike395, Mojo, yorkie, Adham, MattE2010, MikeWh, SickyNicky, sonic2009, Temple Meads, wintonian, and two people who shouldn't be mentioned for one reason or another.

I think that's right for three or more, but probably not :lol: This list will almost certainly be longer - possibly twice as long - in two weeks' time. I might try a more comprehensive list in the not-too-distant future.

Anyway, enough of me, what about the rest of you? :p

Sorry Ivo, I indeed are responsible for the new "Famous persons on the railway" thread. Wasn't aware of previous threads and not in the mood to search for similar topics!

Yorkie,
Ivo,
Sprite,
Lampshade,
Crossover,
MattE2010,
Mojo,
District,
Bb21,
Gnolife,
and a few more I wasn't introduced to. (I.E anyone on the GM challenge in feb).

table38

Established Member
I must have seen a few people on various railtours, but not met them. We need a secret handshake :)

There's also someone on here whose identity I have deduced, who I have met in a different capacity!

However there is one lucky guy on here who I did more than just meet once :wub:

Crossover

Established Member
Quite a few - it has grown considerably since the last thread and I am liable to forget someone if I try list everyone!

Ivo

Established Member
OK, I will now attempt to list everyone I have met at least twice. This could take a while.

Mojo
yorkie
matt
Mike395
Max
bb21
Greenback
theblackwatch
transportphoto
wintonian
sonic2009
SickyNicky
brad465
Neilandrewhall
asylumxl
MikeWh
island
JoeGJ1984
MattE2010
gnolife
Eagle
Temple Meads
heart-of-wessex
Ascot
4SRKT
transportphoto
Bournvillian
Adham

and one person who doesn't deserve to be named (ID = 6791) :p

I've probably forgotten a few as well. I think I've only met Jordy once, but I've met every other staff member at least twice (albeit not for quite a while in one case, and then the two genuine meetings were on consecutive days). In addition, there are quite a few who are likely to join this list within the next two weeks, including some people I have become really good friends with on here (I have forgotten one of their names though I have asked for help here :() :)

Heh, good job you weren't in Coach A when the lights went out or you could have been victim number two :wub:

:shock:

This forum sure brings brings some interesting characters.

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
Whoever was on the last great escape meet in February and no doubt some others. Honourable mention for Ivo
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
and one person who doesn't deserve to be named (ID = 6791) :p

Does said person have enough money to screw the rules?

Ivo

Established Member
Honourable mention for Ivo

Again? :lol:

Does said person have enough money to screw the rules?

Funny you mention that; he does :p

Quite annoying actually, because I was on the phone to him yesterday and he was bragging about buying an office chair. I told him to live in my situation for a week - he'd be in for a right shock!

Eng274

None as yet - work permitting, I may join the 67 meet in the summer.

I was a coach length away from someone on a trip on the WCML, for the life of me I can't remember who it was!

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
I've met a few people from here (on a Class 139 of all places whilst heading home on my evening commute!!) - unfortunately I'm no good with names :confused:

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Here we go:
Mojo
yorkie
Max
theblackwatch (only one not on a forum meet)
Mike395
bb21
Jordy
Crossover
Lampshade
sprite
district (unfortunately ;))
SS4
SickyNicky
wintonian (I think)
Pumbaa
gnolife
causton
trentside
Ivo

There's loads more, most of whom I've forgotten, sorry!

Last edited:

Nym

Established Member
I'm sure some of you on here have seen me before, but not formally met anyone...

I'm not that hard to miss, if anyone was lurking on Piccadilly (Manchester) last weekend you'd have seen me with a very nice looking boy explaining how different drive systems work on various EMUs. (Sunday, around 3:15 - 3:45)...

Other than that, I'm sure I've seen or met some of the members on here in passing... But since I havn't actually released a photo of what I look like publicly on here, you won't know (the're not that hard to find)...

EDIT: OK, maybe the're not that easy to find, New York Metz, North Yorkshire Moors, et al. all come up on google ;)

PS: I say boy, he's 17, and therefore legal!

The other time I suspect I have met a member off here is on a 156 off Preston, stalling at every station.

Last edited:

Established Member
district (unfortunately)

Sounds like there are a few characters I probably shouldn't meet (unless this is a wind up).

Have to say from everyone I've met so far, there is no-one I'd not want to meet again.

Ivo

Established Member
Was that the one I witnessed? (After getting lost). :)

No. It was when we were going to Hadfield, so immediately before. It may have lingered on though; I can't remember exactly.

For anyone who is curious... look here. Read the paragraph that begins with "after" and ends with ";)".

I can't remember where you joined us. If it was bound for Hadfield, as opposed to from Hadfield, then yes. I can't even remember what we discussed on the way back.

It was from Hadfield. (To Guide Bridge).

Ivo

Established Member
Haven't you been on meets with SS4, Ivo? I know you have been on a few north of London

You weren't supposed to reveal his identity >.< Come to think of it, I think I might have remembered anyway. I'm really not sure though :(

For the record - just once. A Fares Workshop at that.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I don't mind that, just don't like the bloke that much :P ;)

(Just kidding Mojo...)

You think what happened that day was bad? Try having pillows with mould spores thrown at you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.