• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whoops.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprog

Established Member
GM: lichfield derailment

dodd8511 to GMGEN

66096 + FIRST BALLAST WAGON IN THE DIRT AT LICHFIELD
CITY STATION
EWS LOVES RELAYING THE CROSS CITY LINE NORTH!!
66217 & 66235 AT STREETHAY BY LCHFIELD TV STATION ON TRACK PANELS

Few problems on the cross shi...er :oops: ;)...i mean city line this morning!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Demps

hmm post some pictures or give me a link i would like to see that. I always like to see a shed in pain.

'A shed in pain'. Is that your opinion? Don't you care if someone has bene injured, killed or lost thier job? I don't particularly like 67s but if one crashed I would be asking whether people were OK, not saying 'brilliant, a skip in pain. Think before you say something.

metrocammel

James 66526 said:
'A shed in pain'. Is that your opinion? Don't you care if someone has bene injured, killed or lost thier job? I don't particularly like 67s but if one crashed I would be asking whether people were OK, not saying 'brilliant, a skip in pain. Think before you say something.

With all due respect, Im sure the comment was made in jest, not malliciously. I really dont think it's right to jump down someones throat. At the end of the day, this incident is rather minor, clearly with no injuries, however the "shed" will be out of service for a while. (and I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from in your post, regarding if someone has lost their job, as surely if it happend to be (gross) driver error, the driver should lose his job- (I'm not in anyway saying this was driver error, but just trying to gauge where you are coming from).

Anyway, I was wondering why there were Rail Replacments today on the X-city line, as a friend was on one of the Volvo B6's that was on the service today - but there was no indication why there was no service, other than "a problem with the line".

Thing is, even if it was the drivers fault and he lost his job (which isnt the case here) it would still be horrible. I was just trying ot make him aware that rail incidents aren't a case of 'ooo great one less shed to worry about', they are serious.

TheSlash

Established Member
Alex, it was a pretty stupid comment though and you can understand where James66526 is coming from when he says think before you speak, so to say.

Cheers for backing me up on this one Slash. The reason I get angry about people saying things like that is becasue no doubt a few people were saying this 5 years ago. It doesn't exactly do me any favours hearing about class 66s being derailed, let alone people being glad that they derailed. Like I said, be careful what you post.

TicketMan

metrocammel said:
Anyway, I was wondering why there were Rail Replacments today on the X-city line, as a friend was on one of the Volvo B6's that was on the service today - but there was no indication why there was no service, other than "a problem with the line".

Whats a Volvo B6? That some kind of bus?

Twas planned engineering works - see the timetable for details ;)

AlexS

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Alex, it was a pretty stupid comment though and you can understand where James66526 is coming from when he says think before you speak, so to say.

Obviously. However I'm sure the staff themselves will rib each other and have a laugh and a joke about what is after all a minor incident, I simply don't see the need to turn the place into a sudden vacuum drill hall where anyone who might crack a joke is held in contempt.

If ya can't have a laugh about summat while learning the lessons it teaches you, then you have a problem. I managed to set my hair on fire this morning (it's only slightly singed thank god!), but I've been ****ing myself about it all day. The fact that my whole head could have gone up and caused some serious damage doesn't mean I can't still have a laugh about this one!

Much as I appreciate James's specific attachment to the subject, it doesn't mean I'm going to turn into a brick wall en masse as soon as a minor incident occurs!

I'm not saying that people shouldn't crack jokes, but, saying 'love seeing sheds in pain' sort of got to me.

Anyway, enough about that, does anyone know what happened yet with this EWS loco?

TheSlash

Established Member
I was thinking what James has subsequently said when i posted originally. If the post had said "If everybody is ok, then it's worth a chuckle that another EWS 66 has come to grief in engineering works" then the comment might of been better recieved
Going off at a tangent slightly;
In my first week on the railway, i was called to assist at an incident involving 2 fitters from my depot at Chichester, where during attempts to recover a failed service train, it ranaway at slow speed and collided with another service train standing at a signal. Obviously everybody involved was pretty tense, but once we got everything cleared up and squared away, all the jokes started flying in the van going home, some very dark railway humor about "Did you hear about the big train crash in Chichester?" "No?" "Yeah, 100 people dead, person xyz does another successfull exam on a class 0123456" :D

Nick W

Established Member
I feel sorry for the p-way staff who were probably forced to rush the new track in, only for this to happen.

I hope they will be able to find humour in it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.