• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why did it take BR so long to adopt sliding doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobShipway

Established Member
Ahh but that's not good enough. If you live in the thames valley you must get a seat because you are supposed to be holier than god himself :roll:

Yeah, right.... :D

Being someone that lives within the Thames Valley, it is very unlikely when I have to travel into London during rush periods in the week that I get a seat on a train and there has only been 5 station stops before mine. I am not sure if I used the holier than god routine that I would get a seat, I probably instead get kicked off the train.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjmillsnun

Established Member
Yeah, right.... :D

Being someone that lives within the Thames Valley, it is very unlikely when I have to travel into London during rush periods in the week that I get a seat on a train and there has only been 5 station stops before mine. I am not sure if I used the holier than god routine that I would get a seat, I probably instead get kicked off the train.

On the Pompey direct you can be in carpet class from Petersfield onwards.

AM9

Veteran Member
They could have been doing some of this infrastructure projects 10 years ago.

Well it wasn't, so we are where we are, and probably we will be in a similar place in 10 years time, - only that will be on different routes where demand has pushed loading above the capacity of its available seating. The release of sufficient funding to fix the infrastructure shortfalls will still be as tardy as now so for those passengers for whom seating for themselves to the detriment of others even being able to board will still be with us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.