• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why has Northern performance improved so much since Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
I'll believe it when I see it. Also it won't make any difference without the improved infrastructure because the TSR Northern was undoubtedly in breach of was undeliverable
Northern refer to seeking compensation in there last accounts (2017/18) over the infrastructure enhancement shortfalls. There (2018/19) accounts are overdue (wonder why) so whether its been settled is unclear although im sure they will have made sure they have a claim prepared before handing over the franchise keys.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HH

Established Member
I doubt they will announce anything this week on any subject. It's Brexit Day on Friday.
Surely that is the perfect time to make an announcement as the Daily Fail, etc., won't have any room on their front pages for other news. While many might see it as a good news story, it hardly is good news for the government that they have overseen another failed franchise.

matt_world2004

Established Member
If there are two franchise's run by olr does that mean the employees of both get free travel on both services.:D

Peter Bonner

Surely that is the perfect time to make an announcement as the Daily Fail, etc., won't have any room on their front pages for other news. While many might see it as a good news story, it hardly is good news for the government that they have overseen another failed franchise.

And probably why we are hearing so much today about reopening railways from the Beeching era? It wont happen but diverts attention esp if its in the Tory press.

Status
Not open for further replies.