• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why have Great Western got no Advance tickets for Bank Holiday Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykn

I might be going to Chepstow and there's no advance tickets from Paddington at all, not even on the first train on the way out, this can't be demand, there's still plenty if I go via Birmingham.

Anyone any idea why?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
Could be due to the engineering works closing the line through Bristol Parkway.
TOCs can choose for which trains they release advance tickets and at busy times not release any at all

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
...this can't be demand, there's still plenty if I go via Birmingham....
I don't understand how the (lack of) availability of advance quota on a London to South Wales service is related to the (plentiful) availability of advance quota on London to Birmingham services.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Don't forget the Reading festival ends on Monday and most if not all services from Reading will be busy. Add to that you only have one train an hour to South Wales...

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Don't forget the Reading festival ends on Monday and most if not all services from Reading will be busy. Add to that you only have one train an hour to South Wales...

Plus Notting Hill Carnival.

Also perhaps another factor is displaced passengers from Waterloo/SWR, given the extensive works and limited train service there.

andykn

Don't think there's be many going early doors to Wales.

I don't understand how the (lack of) availability of advance quota on a London to South Wales service is related to the (plentiful) availability of advance quota on London to Birmingham services.

Shows that there isn't general demand for out of London services first thing Bank Holiday Monday.

Could be due to the engineering works closing the line through Bristol Parkway.
TOCs can choose for which trains they release advance tickets and at busy times not release any at all

Still can't see the 06.45 Paddington-Swansea being busy. It goes via Bristol Parkway.

Status
Not open for further replies.